• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

turn down the light; anyone
    From my shelter I can see the rain coming down in heavy sheets.

The clouds overhead have dulled the sun, but it is barely midmorning and already the day has been ruined. I had plans to make it all the way to the sea today, but had woken to the sound of heavy thunder instead. Mother and Twin were still sleeping, and sneaking away had been easy enough. I’d only made it a half mile before the rain started, and rather than walk in the cold and the wet, I’d decided to stop and wait for it to end.

It’s been an hour, which is basically a whole year, and still the rain is falling down.

I’d pressed myself below a rocky overhang, one of the many flat boulders of Sylva. This one had a bit of a lip on it, too large for a six-month-old filly to shelter under, but plenty of space for a young puppy. I’m just as pale in this form as I am as a horse, though there is no shock of dark hair on my head anymore, only a pair of floppy silken ears.

My nose is much sharper, as is my hearing and eyesight, which is utterly useless when there is nothing to see. All the animals of the woods are hiding from the chilly autumn rain just like I am. With a quiet sigh, I lay my head on my outstretched forelegs and doze off.

Messages In This Thread
    turn down the light; anyone - by Starlin - 08-18-2017, 12:47 PM
    RE: turn down the light; anyone - by Stillwater - 08-25-2017, 09:52 AM
    RE: turn down the light; anyone - by Starlin - 08-27-2017, 08:20 PM