• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  antlers and horns and scales
    ajatar
    devils speak of the ways in which she'll manifest;
    angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress.
    It is an overwhelming feeling - to want to be known. It's not new to her - ever since Harmonia found out about her...gift...she utilized it to gain favor. Pollock, Deimos, anyone who might hold some scrap of power that Harmonia could cling to. Harmonia was a ladder climber, Ajatar was a rung for her. The child had a great inkling of what her mother truly was and hated her for it - though in the detached way most children of abuse hate their parents. In theory, not in practice. If Harmonia came sweeping through the meadow to collect her now, what would she do? Follow, Ajatar realizes, she'd follow the palomino creature to wherever their new home was.

He does not really answer her question about if this is a kingdom or not, his answer is a non-answer. She's used to this. Playing with the monsters in Pangea made her astutely aware of non-answers and what they really meant. Keeping information from her. She grows weary, though curious still - who is this Longclaw? Why does he want to pry such information from her? She's eager to give it - there's nothing much to say.

"Well, I was from Pangea," she says, mulling over her own piece of fresh grass. "But it's gone now, so I suppose I'm from nowhere." She gives a shrug, scratching her nose on a bit of snake scale from her foreleg. "What about you?" she asks of him, a slight tilt of her curious head. "Do you have a place you come from? Or are you a meadow bum?"

Messages In This Thread
    antlers and horns and scales - by Ajatar - 08-15-2017, 06:00 PM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Longclaw - 08-16-2017, 09:17 AM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Ajatar - 08-16-2017, 01:52 PM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Longclaw - 08-17-2017, 10:51 AM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Ajatar - 08-17-2017, 01:43 PM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Longclaw - 08-17-2017, 02:55 PM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Ajatar - 08-23-2017, 09:09 AM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Longclaw - 08-24-2017, 09:18 AM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Ajatar - 08-25-2017, 04:38 PM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Longclaw - 08-28-2017, 11:30 AM