• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm down to absolute zero. || smoak
    You're looking at an absolute zero;
    I'm not the devil but I won't be your hero.
       Time had a way of being cruel and steadfast – it would wait for no one, and oftentimes, its unpredictability and ruthlessness is too much to bear. Alas, the closely held memories of a different time, a different place often soothed the quietly festering wound, though it could never dull the pain in its entirety. He, too, often dreamt of a time long ago when life had seemed so simple and pure, much more so in comparison to the tumultuous world that had tried more than a time or two to swallow him whole.

The memories were all that he had left, but even memories are flawed – it is so easy to reminiscence with awe and longing, forgetting the ragged and frayed edges in the process. Much of his life had been spent lingering on long forgotten, deeply buried experiences that had both whittled away at his wayward, restless soul, and built him up to be the man that he is – the man that he was, the man that he would be. Years ago, he had done little else with himself but wander aimlessly, permitting the worst of his recollection to envelope him in a thick covering of self-loathing and revulsion.

He had grown tired of it – but alas, he cannot always keep his mind from dithering away in the past. Such can be said of his contemplative, brooding mood, in which his crimson gaze is settled somewhere out towards the wild and raucous sea. He does not move toward it today - he is content to be beside the rumbling volcano, its warmth enveloping him and soothing the stoked fire within. 

He is quiet and still, settled beneath a small copse of trees near a steaming spring of hot water - roiling with a soft, subtle bubbling that is telling of the heat within. His dark and thoughtful gaze is settled somewhere out into the vast grassland and off toward the fading horizon, where the once blinding and unyielding sun had already begun its descent, with nightfall close behind.
    OFFSPRING
    another zealot with the weight of the fucking world.

Messages In This Thread
    i'm down to absolute zero. || smoak - by Offspring - 07-30-2017, 01:00 PM
    RE: i'm down to absolute zero. || any - by Smoak - 07-30-2017, 01:32 PM
    RE: i'm down to absolute zero. || any - by Offspring - 08-15-2017, 11:30 PM
    RE: i'm down to absolute zero. || any - by Smoak - 08-19-2017, 05:51 PM
    RE: i'm down to absolute zero. || smoak - by Offspring - 09-10-2017, 09:09 AM