• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Any]

Bound for trouble from the start
    I've been walking through this old world in the dark

There is a tension that clings to him, follows him wherever he goes. While things seem somewhat better with Ellyse, there is a heaviness in his heart. A fear that he does not have hers. Visions of her and Dahmer become his new nightmare, the new reason he avoids sleep. He can’t bare to see them together, the happy family. It makes him sick, makes his blood scream and beat fist’s against his veins. Jealousy rules him.

He tries so hard to keep back the envy, constantly biting his tongue. For how long can he do this? The bear grows restless inside him, it thinks him a fool. He’s not sure it’s wrong. The child is blameless, it didn’t ask to be born into such a triangle. If only Dahmer weren’t around, he could love the child as if it was his own. But there’s no room for him in this dynamic, it has a father. They share blood. A third wheel, he doesn’t belong.

Despite what seemed like a reunion, he continues to drift around Tephra alone. He rarely speaks to anyone, keeps close to the ocean and far away from the volcano. The heat is too much, he can’t stand it. He finds himself longing for the Gates, a place where he had always felt he had belonged. Now he’s not sure where he’s suppose to be. For her he stays. He waits. He wonders how much longer he can do this.

Ledger

Messages In This Thread
    I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Any] - by Ledger - 07-25-2017, 08:08 PM
    RE: I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Any] - by Dahmer - 07-30-2017, 08:51 AM
    RE: I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Any] - by Dahmer - 08-19-2017, 05:00 PM
    RE: I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Any] - by Dahmer - 09-04-2017, 12:18 PM