• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And Now I'm Nothing...[Any]
    The jaguar mare's words replayed in the mare's ears over and over, the mare staring at her through understanding golden eyes. 

"Take that pain and use it. You aren't a victim are you?" A question, hanging over Chrisma's head. Guilt sank through her pores and into her veins. 

She was right. 

Chrisma did have something - she had a choice. She could be in a herd, have other children, make something of herself...or, she could let her past dictate what happened. She could fling herself over a cliff, and have no choice in what happens after. 

A silent nod to the jaguar mare, who had already propelled herself into the sky and away from the chaos below. Chrisma looked to the others who stand before her. She nodded her head once again, slightly, before turning around and walking back the way she came. 

Take that pain and use it...

So she did. Although she was still sad, and although her memories still haunted her, she took the mare's words to heart. 

She stopped by a stream, and immersed herself in the cool water, watching as the once caked on mud that clung to her pelt melted away. She dipped herself completely under the water, and let the burrs and branches that were once stuck in her mane and tail come undone. She rose out of the water, and tended to her wings for the first time in months. 

You aren't a victim are you? 

No...no, she was not.

Messages In This Thread
    And Now I'm Nothing...[Any] - by Chrisma - 07-25-2017, 03:13 PM
    RE: And Now I'm Nothing...[Any] - by Wyrm - 07-25-2017, 04:32 PM
    RE: And Now I'm Nothing...[Any] - by Tantalize - 07-25-2017, 08:05 PM
    RE: And Now I'm Nothing...[Any] - by Chrisma - 07-26-2017, 04:00 PM
    RE: And Now I'm Nothing...[Any] - by Wyrm - 07-27-2017, 09:05 AM
    RE: And Now I'm Nothing...[Any] - by Tantalize - 07-27-2017, 12:14 PM
    RE: And Now I'm Nothing...[Any] - by Heartfire - 07-27-2017, 03:12 PM
    RE: And Now I'm Nothing...[Any] - by Chrisma - 07-27-2017, 03:25 PM
    RE: And Now I'm Nothing...[Any] - by Tantalize - 07-27-2017, 03:39 PM