• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'll pick the world up | anyone
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

Hyaline, with unmatched persistence, has already begun to regrow itself in this first spring following the Lost Boys' attack. The wisteria (Amet's favorite) are blooming majestically in the springtime dusk, their purple boughs only broken up by intermingling branches of red maple, and the lush emerald grasses have finally begun to sprout from the moist earth that had been ravaged and turned upon itself last autumn. On the eastern side of their crystalline lake, there is still a more obvious sign that their lake sanctuary had been invaded: Amet's favorite wisteria, alone just a few yards from the lake's shoreline, stands charred and black. He doubts it will ever repair itself, lest he find a mage powerful enough to breathe life into the tree once more, but he still stands, sentinel, beneath it nonetheless.

His home is quiet this evening, a peaceful reprieve from the diplomatic visits from the last few months. Offspring's visit still weighs heavily on the dragon King's mind, with Nayl's anger drawing more anxiety from the Akhal-Teke than Offspring's confession had. He is still pleased with the way the meeting had turned out, with the prospect that Tephra could be an ally in the future (his own friend, Tang, is even staying there with her newborns for the time being).

Their visit to Loess had proven to be equally as fruitful, with an official alliance agreed upon by both he and Heda before the young King had returned to Hyaline.

Amet hums pleasantly, his amber eyes roving the crystalline lake when a gentle breeze brings an unfamiliar scent to the leather-plated stallion. He is moving without hesitation, hooves falling rhythmically against the earth as he rounds the lake and heads towards a copse of wisteria near the base of one of their mountain peaks, dragon scales glinting with a hint of orange beneath the setting sun.

Amet finds a black stallion with birdcatcher spots gazing up at a large boulder and its wisteria crown, somewhere between the border of his home and the lake that sits in the middle of it. He smiles pleasantly at the unknown man, pulling his narrow frame to a halt a few yards away. "Hello there, friend," the young King greets amicably, "Welcome to Hyaline." The stallion smells of the River, a place that Amet had visited a few times before, first when he had met Molotov and then when he had discovered that Sakir had followed he and Iset to Beqanna. Yes, the River is wrought with interesting memories for the dragon King.

"My name is Amet. Is there something I can do for you?"
    Amet

@[Chemdog]

Messages In This Thread
    i'll pick the world up | anyone - by Chemdog - 07-22-2017, 12:50 PM
    RE: i'll pick the world up | anyone - by Amet - 07-30-2017, 07:18 AM
    RE: i'll pick the world up | anyone - by Chemdog - 07-30-2017, 11:25 AM
    RE: i'll pick the world up | anyone - by Amet - 07-31-2017, 12:29 PM
    RE: i'll pick the world up | anyone - by Chemdog - 08-18-2017, 08:23 PM
    RE: i'll pick the world up | anyone - by Amet - 08-20-2017, 05:49 PM
    RE: i'll pick the world up | anyone - by Chemdog - 09-02-2017, 10:44 AM