• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  You make my heart beat like the rain;
    OOC: bare with me I'm knew to these forums XD

The invisible fingers of the cold winter zephyrs pull tenderly at the straying locks of ebony that frame the delicate curve of her face. Soft silver blue eyes blink slowly upon the fields that lay before her in a sense of serenity that belies the fast paced beating of her heart within her chest. Paper thin nostrils flare as the little darkling inhales the sweet myriad of scents that overwhelm her. New. Everything was new to her here. Sure the scent of clover and the sharp acrid odor of pine are the same... but the others... the horses that litter the landscape are new and unfamiliar.

A soft smile ghosts across her ash dusted labrums as the young girl takes a step forward, and then another. Forcing her mind to focus on the placement of her hooves and away from the nervousness that threatens to overwhelm her mind. Had mother and father still been alive, surely they would have been horrified to see their youngest daughter out in a new world alone. They knew of the dangers that surrounded their small slice of heaven known as Paraiso... but they were gone, no doubt watching her from somewhere high above the heavens. Paraiso was in good hands. Her brother was following hoofprint for hoofprint in the steps that their father had placed for him and the herd was strong and would survive. Perhaps one day she would return to visit them... but for now, her wandering heart sought something more... something different. And perhaps now, here... she would find it.

For now she stands alone, her slender figure casting a soft shadow upon the moonlight fields that rolled around her. Occasionally she would stop her searching eyes and bend her ashen muzzle to shovel beneath the frigid layer of snows and grasp a mouthful of soggy grass, dead and yellowed from winter's touch. For now, she contented herself with simply being...

Nova Star
    show them the joy and the pain, and the ending to come;
    pic courtesy of FINTRON @ DeviantArt

Messages In This Thread
    You make my heart beat like the rain; - by Nova Star - 07-06-2017, 06:05 AM
    RE: You make my heart beat like the rain; - by Nova Star - 07-06-2017, 12:23 PM