• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Everyone I know goes away in the end, anyone
    “What have I become, my sweetest friend?
    Everyone I know goes away in the end."

If she notices his discomfort, she does not acknowledge it. Typically she assumes that any sort of disdain in her direction was her lack of eyes. A long time ago, long before the recent tribulations, her story never had to be told. The harrowing events that that had taken place between the Forsaken Valley and the Forbidden Dale had traveled upon the winds of Beqanna, causing every kingdom to grow tense with the worry that Carnage would be coming for them as well. Anyone that she met in the meadow greeted her with pity – she was the sorry soul that lost her eyes in exchange for her kingdom’s freedom. But so much time had passed since that day, (and while sometimes the event plays in her mind, the last thing she ever saw in this world being Carnage’s teeth lunging at her face, followed by the warmth of blood spilling down her face), that it seemed like another life, another world. In this lifetime, she had always been blind. In this lifetime, she was just another ghost hovering in the mist. In this lifetime, she was just another story, forgotten.

But something in his rigid demeanor seems sorrowful, an emotion she knew all too well. In her experience, everyone was a little bit broken. Some pretended not to be, masking it with pride and anger. Ryatah had always worn her heart on her sleeve so to speak, but for the last several years she had been nothing but a shell. She simply existed. The heartbreaks of her past were so far away that it seemed futile to mourn them anymore. Lovers were gone. Friends were gone. Children were gone. Somehow she remained, and whether that was a gift or a punishment she hadn’t decided yet.

He asks of kingdoms, and an almost wistful sigh whispers past her satin lips. ”Not for a long time,” and for a moment her voice trails off, her mind thinking back to a different time, a different place. She isn’t sure how old the stallion is, and she’s not even sure if she would know the names she spoke of. ”I lived in the Forsaken Valley when I first came here, a long time ago, and I was once a Queen of the Forbidden Dale. I have not called a kingdom home since.” Her delicate withers ripple in some sort of shrug, his question making her realize she didn’t even know what kingdoms existed anymore. ”And you? Do you call the common lands home?”
    RYATAH
    you could have it all, my empire of dirt

No worries! I have limited opportunities to post, so whenever I do they're typically rushed :/

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Everyone I know goes away in the end, anyone - by Ryatah - 07-09-2017, 04:37 PM