• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Everyone I know goes away in the end, anyone
    “What have I become, my sweetest friend?
    Everyone I know goes away in the end."

There is the sound of footsteps, muffled by the snow, and she flicks in ear in that direction, her delicate head following suit. It is a knee-jerk reaction, to look, even though her empty sockets were useless, and had been for a very, very long time. She can feel him though, the reds and yellows of the heat in his body creating an image against the cold backdrop, an odd sort of imagery that gave her just a vague idea that it was a horse coming towards her, and the masculine scent that filtered through the air gave away his gender. Unlike him, the white mare relished company. In all her years - over a hundred of them - she had only spent the last several alone. She used to be in the thick of things, never without a warm body to press against, or a voice to listen to, or a kingdom to guide.

She had become a loner, which was incredibly peculiar for her. It was by choice, but that didn't mean that her crumpled heart didn't skip a beat in delight at the idea of company. It was a stranger, as they all were by now. The porcelain-white lady cannot recall the last time she encountered anyone familiar. Every lover, friend, and enemy had long since disappeared, either into dust or into thin air.

The sound of his voice brings a smile to her face, and even though there was something melancholy always lingering in the lines of her face there was still a warmth that radiated. "Of course you may,"she says, the once lilting sing-song of her voice sounding a little bit more worn, like it had either been spoken too many times or not enough. "I don't own the tree, as much as I may pretend to." There is a laugh hidden in her words, in the way it causes the syllables to roll from her tongue. She takes a step in his direction, and is about to reach forward, as it was often her way to greet everyone like they were an old friend, but something in the tension in his body causes her to stop. She shakes the forelock from her face, scattering it across the hollowed-out sockets as she drops her head, offering softly, "I'm Ryatah."
    RYATAH
    you could have it all, my empire of dirt

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Everyone I know goes away in the end, anyone - by Ryatah - 07-04-2017, 12:49 PM