• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  alive and burning brighter; any

Screaming like a siren, alive and burning brighter.
    Oh gods. Right, yes, of course the girl wanted to know about the others. She listed their names like she expected each one to have some kind of impact, carry some kind of weight. Hit her in the chest or sink their way under her skin and burrow back into her heart.

Too bad for her it didn’t do the trick. Though it did have an interesting effect on Furia, little flashes of pain in her eyes every time she named one of them, every time she asked for news. A faint flicker of hope warring with hints of quiet despair, yes, very interesting indeed.

“Nope,” Quark said with a careless shrug. “Haven’t seen any of them, not since the last time you saw me. Well, that’s not entirely accurate. I saw your father since then, but it was before the world decided to remake itself. Right before, in fact. Last I saw him, Carnage was torturing him.” Which was accurate, technically. She hadn’t actually seen him arrive home, had no idea whether Carnage had followed through on his promise to send him back.

Beqanna’s dark god was a tricky bastard, after all.

“None of the others, though.” Mind, she hadn’t been around much, and certainly hadn’t been looking. But why should she volunteer that information? “No sign of any of your other aunts or uncles or cousins either.” Of course that was bound to have a lesser impact; Furia had barely known the others, had only known of some of them from her parents’ stories. Still. “Nor the other one. Dara. Not so much as a peep.”
    I am the fire.

Messages In This Thread
    alive and burning brighter; any - by Quark - 07-02-2017, 03:28 PM
    RE: alive and burning brighter; any - by Furia - 07-02-2017, 05:49 PM
    RE: alive and burning brighter; any - by Quark - 07-16-2017, 12:05 PM
    RE: alive and burning brighter; any - by Quark - 07-29-2017, 03:30 PM