• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

life unfolds in pools of gold; Heartfire / any
    show them the joy and the pain and the ending

He is a rather amusing stallion, she will give him that. She cannot imagine being in a particularly good mood after washing in from the ocean. He, however, seems disinclined to allow such things to phase him. He even goes so far as to offer a rather wry, witty response at his own expense. Lips twisting into a faintly amused grin, she tips one brow as she eyes the wet, bedraggled man stumbling from the lapping saltwater.

He is rather unsteady on his feet, and in his knocking about manages to cuff her a bit with his shoulder. She does little more than shift slightly, giving him some additional room with which to regain his staggering balance. Her curiosity is as boundless as ever, and she uses the distraction to do some prying. It has become a habit of sorts, nearly second nature for her to steal away into another’s sight, to discover what they know, what they have seen. And as he is trespassing upon her home, well, it would be foolish to do otherwise.

So when he finally finds some semblance of balance, she is a bit wiser, and ever more curious. A fault of hers. So when he comments on her scent, the familiarity of it, she merely inclines her head slightly and says simply, “Unsurprising, that.”

It is then that Nayl appears at her side, her mien irritable and her eyes hard, just in time to answer the stranger’s inquiry. Heartfire glances briefly at the black and white mare before turning her contemplative gaze back to the eerily similar black and white stallion. “Some of these trespassers could turn out rather useful,” she responds to Nayl’s initial mutterings after a moment’s pause. “Even this one, wobbly kneed as he is.”

The queen’s next comment causes an abrupt wave of mirth to wash over the blue and white mare, though outwardly little shows of the reaction beyond a twitching of her lips and a bright glint in her eye. Finally, with an amused huff of air, she turns a droll gaze to Nayl. “I should rather hope so. He is your brother, after all.” Lips curved in wry amusement, she turns an assessing gaze to newcomer. “I suppose you could be forgiven for not recognizing him though, he does look rather… bedraggled at the moment.”

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

Messages In This Thread
    RE: life unfolds in pools of gold; Heartfire / any - by Heartfire - 07-01-2017, 10:33 PM