• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Don't mistake me for a wilting bloom - Ledger

Bound for trouble from the start
    I've been walking through this old world in the dark

Kindness, it exudes from her every orifice. He can’t imagine her ever being angry or giving a stern look. He doubts that she’s ever unhappy for long and wonders what that must be like. Her distress doesn’t suit her and soon the cloud passes and a soft smile graces her lips. He expects her to move along, to continue towards wherever she was going. He is already withdrawing back into himself before he notices that she’s still there, looking at him.

Her joke shouldn’t hurt but it does. It stings like a wasp, burning and swelling. However he finds a ghost of a smile passing over his features. It feels strange and awkward, the corner of his lips don’t usually pull that way anymore. She’s noticed his ravaged face and she’s trying to be kind. Nothing more he supposes. ”I appreciate the thought.” He gently responds, not expecting her next question.

It’s not often that anyone flat out asked him for his story. In fact he can’t remember the last time anyone asked, that anyone even cared. He hesitates, unsure. A wary look crosses over the gold flecked eye, grimacing slightly. He has guarded himself for so long, it’s difficult to unleash the flood. ”Too much to tell.” He finally manages, a weak answer he realizes but the only one he feels comfortable giving. ”Why do you ask?” He adds out of mere curiosity. Surely she had better things to do then talk to a mottled soul like himself.

Ledger

@[Giohde]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Don't mistake me for a wilting bloom - Ledger - by Ledger - 06-26-2017, 12:34 AM