• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Precarious Son [any family]
    you can have my isolation,
    you can have the hate that it brings.
      His explanation is carefully constructed, yet built with a shaky and unstable foundation – there is a tremor in his tone that reveals the trembling, uncertain boy beneath the exterior of hardened resolve. He can still feel the young colt, nestled up against the hearth of his chest while the volcanic island endured the throes of a passionate, but violent summer storm – a wild and forceful tempest, and he had been his shelter. He would always be his shelter. He longed for those days (so simple, so pure), to capture them again, but time is cruel and unfair, and the innocence that once filled his son had long since faded away.

There is a shadow of ire within the tension wrought beneath his burning eyes, but more so, there is disappointment – evident in the way his teeth clench, with the muscle of his jaw coiling tightly. His mind is thoughtful, contemplating the explanation offered – it is satisfactory, at best, but his son does not answer his first inquiry as to why and the fire is suddenly burning so brightly, it scalds the delicate tissue of his chest, causing him to noticeably flinch in agitation. Slowly, the fire emerges from the surface of his skin, trailing across his marred flesh – a low, flickering ember, reflecting the turmoil stirring within him.

Iset - a Queen involved in the incident, against her own kingdom, no less! The Queen of Nerine must have no control over the kingdoms beneath her rule, and he can hardly stifle the humorless laugh from bubbling up within his throat at the thought. He had yet to meet her, yet to even know of her name, but she is already carving a name for herself in history.

He cared little for who else might be involved, as he would not bear the burden of blame for those he did not know, did not care about, but there is a small, logical part of him that is urging him to listen, to carefully keep the names spoken close at hand. Inevitably, those who had been involved might come looking for Levi, might come to Tephra, and he would harbor no one else but his own son. He would not make the mistake of overlooking another.

”I am certain that once the Queen of Nerine is aware of her involvement, she will be more or less be no more than a speck of dust,” he muses softly, his voice rough and husky. Quietly, he observes the ferocity etched into the features of his youngest son – he has conviction, a wild heart, a free spirit – he is so much of his mother, yet so much of him, as well. He is speaking of responsibility, of carrying the burden of his actions, as if he is worried Offspring is unaware of the dire consequences that may arise from doing so.

But nonetheless, he is his son, poor choices be damned – he would not tolerate a reoccurrence, but he would not turn him away for allowing his judgment to go astray. No. He held too much promise – he was a diamond in the rough, longing to be taken beneath the proverbial wing of his father, to be like him – to come into his own, with guidance, and he would not turn him away.

”I am aware of the consequences if I am to harbor you – but first and foremost, you are my son. I will give you one opportunity to make something of yourself, to be a part of something more. But those involved with you will not be welcomed here.”

I will be useful – I want to learn.

”Then I will teach you all that I know – but do not mistake my compassion for weakness, Levi. You are capable of so much more. You are destined to be so much more. Do not let me down.”
    you can have my absence of faith,
    you can have my everything.
    OFFSPRING

@[Levi]

Messages In This Thread
    The Precarious Son [any family] - by Levi - 06-17-2017, 12:21 PM
    RE: The Precarious Son [any family] - by Offspring - 06-25-2017, 08:48 PM
    RE: The Precarious Son [any family] - by Levi - 06-27-2017, 01:13 PM
    RE: The Precarious Son [any family] - by Offspring - 06-27-2017, 03:31 PM
    RE: The Precarious Son [any family] - by Levi - 06-28-2017, 03:42 PM
    RE: The Precarious Son [any family] - by Offspring - 07-17-2017, 07:27 PM