• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

thick skin / elastic heart - any
    you won’t see me fall apart
    it made sense
    he doesn't elaborate just says it made sense no more words no more reassurance it didn't make sense she is as useless as her mother and father when it comes to polite conversation she should see her way out

She mistakes his casual glances away, his words, as a cumulative effect to politely welcome her and then, politely, leave the conversation. She doesn't blame him, she was never good at hellos. Or goodbyes. Or in-betweens. She is particularly useless at diplomacy though - to be fair - no one bothered to teach her it. Most of her lessons as a child were war based. Had Warrick attacked her, well, then she'd shine through. Instead he is hopelessly kind, nodding along, reassuring her when she doesn't deserve it.

What else did she need?

"I thought I'd ask about your army," she says, then, quickly, "I suppose our army, if I stay."
    if if if if ififififif
    "It's all I have to offer," she admits as a last minute attempt at seeming open. She could feel the word vomit about her history of fighting, of sparring, of mocks, bubble in her throat and threaten to spill out and she stops it short, chewing on nothing thoughtfully.
    THORUNN
    COVET x LIBRETTE

Messages In This Thread
    thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Thorunn - 06-17-2017, 05:44 AM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Warrick - 06-18-2017, 09:48 AM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Thorunn - 06-19-2017, 09:55 AM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Warrick - 06-20-2017, 09:24 AM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Thorunn - 06-20-2017, 07:20 PM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Warrick - 06-21-2017, 09:22 AM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Thorunn - 06-22-2017, 09:26 AM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Warrick - 06-23-2017, 01:53 PM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - any - by Thorunn - 06-24-2017, 04:44 AM