• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What We Have, I Hope You Like (Loey, Ruan)
    Aten introduced their guest. Loey. From the Field, he offered, and Ruan nodded in understanding. A visitor, then. A possible new heartbeat for this forest of theirs, if she so chose it. He nodded again, in agreement, when Aten told her either of them would be glad to show her around to see more of the Taiga, and his bright blue eyes slid back to her again.

She was almost.. timid, under his stare. Sometimes he thought others saw him as a bit colder, harder than he really was. Before, when he was married, he'd been the Heart of this forest, filling it with adopted children that he sheltered under his wing, raised them to be strong and confident and loving. But he didn't have his wings anymore, vicious scars left in their place where they'd been torn from him by a demon. Didn't have his wife, or many of his kids. Wasn't much of a Heart of the Taiga anymore.

More of a ghost.

Mostly, he had Aten. And Jinju, the eldest daughter. Enfys and Polaris, the youngest girls. There were others here, but most kept themselves hidden for the most part. Or traveled out during the daylight hours.

"As much as I would love to look around more.. I don't think it will be necessary. If you'll have me, I'd love to stay here. At the Taiga."

He tried for another warm smile, pleased that she already seemed to love their home as they did. They were often particular about who was welcomed into the forest, but he trusted Aten's judgement completely, and knew Loey had been a great choice. He hoped she would feel immediately at home and free to wander as she pleased. She was safe here, protected by the other Guardians. They were all Guardians, each one. Now she was as well.

"We would love to have you," he told her honestly. "Explore all you wish. Be wary of the beasts, not all of them are shape-shifters, though we have a number of those. If you ever need anything or just want to talk sometime, feel free to call for me." And if he didn't happen to be around at the time, someone within earshot could fetch him. He wasn't often called for or needed, but he tried to remain available regardless.

He dipped his head to Aten, Thank you, but he didn't say anything. Didn't really need words every time with the gold stallion. Their eyes or expressions or body language spoke for them so often, and they both seemed in-tune to the silent communication. His was learned from the wolves of his former home, and Aten was a natural, incredibly observant and intuitive. Good job, he glanced to Loey and back again, I like her.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: What We Have, I Hope You Like (Loey, Ruan) - by Ruan - 06-25-2017, 01:28 AM