• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  With stones to weigh my pockets down [Jah-Lilah]
    oh, my love, don't forsake me. take what the water gave me ..

Jah is like an uncontainable child, probing Circinae for answers to questions that might not have been asked on a first meeting, and Circy (so very much like the mother she is) chooses easily to indulge her curiosity. How many chances would she get to tell her tale anyways? “That mountain of a man you’re speaking about is Canaan.” The green mare chuckles, feeling the heat against her cheeks though the action goes unseen. “And I would go anywhere he asked of me, but no - that’s not the reason I was drawn away.” She sighs, neck extending so that she could rest her head against the supple curve of Jah-Lilah’s back. Her navy mane drapes languidly across the fire-red mare’s coat, giving a striking contrast between them.

“You sound world-weary and ancient.” She murmurs, rubbing her nose and then her forehead against the jutting bump of Jah’s hip. “So perhaps you can tell me about the island I was transported to on my first jump.” Circy muses, a cheeky smile rounding her viridian lips upwards as she pulls slowly away from her companion. A moment of silence draws out between them and then with a start, the little shifter mare shakes her head. “Forgetful me, I’m a teleporter. That’s how I ‘jump’, so to speak.” She laughs airily.

The boys are tiring now, winding down into the long, bent stalks while they wait for their dam to direct them into a new place. She’ll take them elsewhere, and soon enough too - but first she pauses to press her head firmly against the straight line of Jah’s face as a parting gesture. “Come to the Taiga sometime!” The blue-tipped mare urges, that pleading tone touching her bright blue eyes. “I’ll tell you all about that and much more.”

With a sideways grin she shifts, slipping one skin for another and shrinking down to become a chocolate wolf, slender and wiry. The animal yips once, turns away with a wag of her tail, and trots ahead to pass the boys and make a new path. The three make good time and before long, their retreating silhouettes are disappearing between the weave of trunk and limb.

Circinae

Messages In This Thread
    With stones to weigh my pockets down [Jah-Lilah] - by Circinae - 06-13-2017, 05:18 PM
    RE: With stones to weigh my pockets down [Jah-Lilah] - by Circinae - 06-19-2017, 06:48 PM
    RE: With stones to weigh my pockets down [Jah-Lilah] - by Circinae - 06-23-2017, 07:54 AM
    RE: With stones to weigh my pockets down [Jah-Lilah] - by Circinae - 07-03-2017, 06:58 PM
    RE: With stones to weigh my pockets down [Jah-Lilah] - by Circinae - 07-05-2017, 02:24 PM