• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dark side of the morning - anyone

i know i'm not the center of the universe
    -but you keep spinning 'round me just the same

Though he knows that horses can fly, it does not make the sight any less strange. Heda – the golden mare he remembers from Taiga – is landing not too far from the black mare. Is she here to visit too, he wonders, has she come to see Loess? He does not see Merida’s few threatening steps forward, having craned his head to look past her to Heda as she approaches.

He does look back in time to catch the expression on Merida’s face – one that looks rather like Ivar’s reflection had when Mother had told him that ‘four hours is too long to watch a single fish’. It’s not a emotion he’d expect the bold mare to have when facing yet another newcomer to her kingdom, and Ivar’s poale brow wrinkles slightly in confusion. Heda’s words do nothing to ease the confusion, though he does manage to give her a polite smile and a friendly:

“Hello Heda!”

Merida’s response to the buckskin’s request that she show him around is equally puzzling; she seems incredulous and yet also seems to be willing to follow the command. The red haired mare turns away, clearly heading toward the baobab tree he’d indicated a moment ago. He is eager to follow after her, but pauses beside Heda to tell her that:

“She’s a real good guard,” before he turns to catch up to Merida. He has to canter for a stride or two, and he kicks out his heels in a playful buck before he settles beside the black mare. This is not his first time following an adult through a strange land. Of course, he’s never seen met someone that moved for any reason other than having to follow their parents, so he is equally curious about Heda’s presence in Loess as he is about the tree that is quickly growing closer.

“I though Heda lived in Taiga.” He asks curiously, “Did she move? Did you move? Is that a thing, moving? I’ve never moved.”

-------------------i v a r
    ------------------------------------djinni and stillwater---------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
    dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 06-10-2017, 01:10 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Merida - 06-12-2017, 10:37 AM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 06-12-2017, 11:15 AM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Merida - 06-12-2017, 04:22 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 06-12-2017, 09:14 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Heda - 06-12-2017, 09:37 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Merida - 06-13-2017, 08:45 AM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 06-13-2017, 06:42 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Merida - 06-15-2017, 05:49 PM