• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dark side of the morning - anyone

i know i'm not the center of the universe
    -but you keep spinning 'round me just the same

He inspects the flowering stalk of a yucca, poking gently at the white blossoms with his pale nose. He’s learned his lesson in Ischia – flowers are not the most delicious things – but he has never seen a plant quite like this one before. Caught up in his own curiosity, Ivar almost misses the quick flash of movement to his left.

It is not in his nature to be fearful, but he takes in the hard stare and determined approach of the red-haired mare and takes a few steps back. While he knows that battle is a thing that a horse can learn, it has never occurred to Ivar that doling out violence on strangers was practiced in Beqanna. He is, for a moment, clearly confused and unsure of himself. Despite all his adventuring, he has never come across anyone that was not friendly.

He had to grow up sometime, I suppose.

“I just wanted to see Loess,” he tells her, “but technically I’m not even in Loess yet.” He looks up with an expression that isn’t quite a smile; more of a testing how much of the faint laugh in the black mare’s threat she’d really meant to let slip. The piebald colt is clearly not properly cowed by the mare’s defensive approach, but an outside observer most certainly would be. It’s only the queer combination of nature and nurture in the brown-eyed colt that make him so unnaturally bold in the face of danger.

-------------------i v a r
    ------------------------------------djinni and stillwater---------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
    dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 06-10-2017, 01:10 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Merida - 06-12-2017, 10:37 AM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 06-12-2017, 11:15 AM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Merida - 06-12-2017, 04:22 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 06-12-2017, 09:14 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Heda - 06-12-2017, 09:37 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Merida - 06-13-2017, 08:45 AM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 06-13-2017, 06:42 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Merida - 06-15-2017, 05:49 PM