• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Leadership challenge question?
    Hi there. Smile

I noticed Heda has been given permission to challenge Scythe & Crota for their leadership roles in Loess; I was hoping for some clarification about the process of challenging/taking over a kingdom for future reference.

In regards to Ischia, the takeover by Kirin was once labeled a "raid" (as a "raid" is defined as an attack or warfare, and there was no battling, I'm not sure about the accuracy of that label), though it was essentially an outside entity coming in to try to take over Ischia. Requires owner permission, and a team, with a total of 50 points accrued.

In regards to Loess, the takeover by Heda is not labeled as a "raid", and is also essentially and outside entity coming in (as Heda is from Taiga). Requires owner permission, no team, with no points accrued.

In regards to Tephra, a takeover attempt by Belgarath was approved by one owner, but another owner specified that 50 points had to be accrued by Belgarath/team to complete the takeover, thus the takeover was unsuccessful.

All three are technically mutiny by a non-resident, but there aren't clear directions post-Reckoning as to how to challenge/take over a land for those who do not reside inside of the land.

I'm just asking in hopes of clarifying the actual requirements of a takeover versus a raid, and what the difference is in terms of how the owners define a takeover vs a raid, and whether or not teams or points are required for one, or both - for anyone and everyone seeking to maybe stir up some trouble in the kingdoms in the future. 

Thank you in advance. Smile

Messages In This Thread
    Leadership challenge question? - by Krys - 05-30-2017, 10:50 PM
    RE: Leadership challenge question? - by Spink - 05-30-2017, 11:07 PM
    RE: Leadership challenge question? - by Kortnee - 05-31-2017, 12:28 AM
    RE: Leadership challenge question? - by Spink - 05-31-2017, 12:38 AM
    RE: Leadership challenge question? - by Krys - 05-31-2017, 01:13 AM
    RE: Leadership challenge question? - by Kortnee - 05-31-2017, 03:35 PM
    RE: Leadership challenge question? - by Krys - 05-31-2017, 03:38 PM
    RE: Leadership challenge question? - by Spink - 05-31-2017, 03:45 PM
    RE: Leadership challenge question? - by Kortnee - 05-31-2017, 04:06 PM