• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

as if a glass could contain the sea; any
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

Amet had learned swiftly that the best strategy is to approach every visitor with a combination of cheerfulness and warmth. The vile personality of Him, back in the Dunes, had taught Amet that being feared was not always the answer. In fact, you could get better results with a little bit of sugar, and that's how he decided who he wanted to become in Beqanna.

It is especially nice when his cheerfulness is answered with something similar. Any discomfort or hesitation that he may have felt upon seeing the visiting stallion in Hyaline dissolves as the blue-pointed stranger grins in return. He introduces himself as Warrick as the dragon king comes to a halt, and Amet stays silent to allow his new acquaintance a chance to explain his reason for visiting the crystalline lake. It takes the scaled Akhal-Teke a moment to figure out where he has smelled that vague tinge of sulfur before, but then it hits him and Amet happily exclaims "Tang!" just as Warrick does.

The dragon-boy nods his head enthusiastically before moving his amber gaze from Warrick and to the focal point of the territory. "I'm sure she's around here somewhere, if you'd like to find her? I can give you a tour while we search." The offer escapes his lips before he has time to consider that this stallion may feel a sense of closeness with Tang, perhaps the same kind of closeness that Amet feels, but the gilded stallion pushes that specific inkling away before it has time to take hold.

He pivots towards the lake and moves between the brightly-colored trees, an ear turned in Warrick's direction as they move. "Tell me about Tephra. I haven't made it to that side of Beqanna yet."

Amet

Messages In This Thread
    RE: as if a glass could contain the sea; any - by Amet - 06-04-2017, 02:27 PM