• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Into the Unknown [O P E N]
    She looks between both males, particularly noticing Seirath's sweaty pelt and the panic slowly fading from his eyes. She captures the disappointment in him when she and Baylen both admit to not seeing the girl he searches for. Guilt fills her, and empathy drives her to help. At least the stallion seems to let his spirits lift with her suggestion of where he might find her and that she's probably fine; that makes her happy. Still, though, she understands his anxiety. Finding yourself in a whole new land with lots of unknowns, and then losing someone close to you in said land. Yeah, Smidge can see how that would be very worrisome indeed.

He thanks her, and she beams at him, happy to instill hope and positivity in the man while offering what she thinks is good advice. Seirath is polite when he says he would be happy to visit her home sometime, but Smidge can tell he has other things on his mind. She couldn't blame him for it, so she nods and says, "I would love to see you both there, if you ever want to, that is. Not now, though, of course. But I bet your girl, Aleyaya, would really like it there, especially if she likes to wander. The Taiga has a magical quality about it, with lots of places to explore." She smiles and then looks away, thoughtful about where a young palomino foal would run off to. There are so many places and things to see and people to meet. All too easy to get lost, unfortunately.

Baylen doesn't seem to appreciate her calling him cute, and she begins to worry she has made him feel out of place. She had only spoken because it was true; she does really like his ears! And wonders if they're as soft and fuzzy as they appear. But his reaction makes her want to apologize, although then she feels she risks embarrassing him further. Aw, man, what an awkward predicament. She smiles sheepishly at the burro, hoping he doesn't totally dislike her now.

Seirath asks Baylen if he's looking for anything also, so that they might also search for that while they look for Aleyaya. The simple way he says no and the flatness of his tone when he says he has nothing to lose darn near breaks Smidge's heart. Her tiny ears flick back and she shuffles a front hoof shyly, eyeing the jack from under long silvery lashes. "No friends or family?" Her inquiry is soft, gentle as she looks at him with brows creased slightly. "Everyone should have at least one friend. I would like to be one to you." She smiles a bit, then frowns. "Unless.. you don't want to be friends." That just might break her heart, truly, but she thinks she could understand. Maybe she made him feel uncomfortable before, thus ruining the chance to be friends. Feeling a bit sad, she tries to shake it off, looking back to Seirath with a soft smile to her lips. "Yes, we will both help. Do you want to split up? Or we could stick together and I could show you around while we look for her? You'll have to forgive me though," Ducking her eyes, that shy shuffling of her feet again. "I don't tend to move very quickly through the high grasses." If Baylen thinks he's short, he's got nothing on Smidgen.

Messages In This Thread
    Into the Unknown [O P E N] - by Baylen - 05-04-2017, 11:40 AM
    RE: Into the Unknown [O P E N] - by Seirath - 05-04-2017, 01:05 PM
    RE: Into the Unknown [O P E N] - by Baylen - 05-04-2017, 02:54 PM
    RE: Into the Unknown [O P E N] - by Smidgen - 05-04-2017, 03:22 PM
    RE: Into the Unknown [O P E N] - by Seirath - 05-04-2017, 07:49 PM
    RE: Into the Unknown [O P E N] - by Baylen - 05-04-2017, 08:17 PM
    RE: Into the Unknown [O P E N] - by Smidgen - 05-04-2017, 10:37 PM
    RE: Into the Unknown [O P E N] - by Seirath - 05-05-2017, 11:21 AM
    RE: Into the Unknown [O P E N] - by Baylen - 05-05-2017, 11:54 AM
    RE: Into the Unknown [O P E N] - by Smidgen - 05-06-2017, 06:49 PM
    RE: Into the Unknown [O P E N] - by Baylen - 05-06-2017, 07:51 PM