• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Into the Unknown [O P E N]
    She knows what it's like to lose something, or someone. She'd lost her parents at a young age, although she didn't really remember it happening and it doesn't bother her most days. She'd met a very good man-friend a while back who'd lost his friends and she'd tried (unsuccessfully) to find them for him. She'd become close to a grumpy guy something like triple her size who was really just a big teddy bear at heart- to her, at least. And she'd lost him too. Found him, though, living happily on the coastline of Nerine. It'd suited him, living there, but Smidge had wanted something a bit different. And she'd found it when she went looking for a different friend she'd made, Gyps with her hair two shades of blue and matching wings. Now the Taiga is her home, with the closest thing to family she's ever had. She would really hate to lose them. Even if the gray magician had been gone here lately. She misses her. Aunt ReaRea and Uncle RuRu were so great together, and great to her.

So when the bay man- Seirath, he says his name is- speaks of a little palomino filly, she gives him her best sympathetic look with her blue eyes sparkling in the light. "I'm sorry, I don't think I have seen her either. But I'm sure she's okay! There's lots of places for people to go around this land. You should check the playground, maybe. That's where lots of children go to play together and the fairies protect them with their magic." She offers the suggestion with a hopeful smile, grateful when the taller man steps into the line of the sun and casts his shadow over her face so that she isn't being blinded by it anymore. She blinks up at him, expression friendly as ever before she turns her eyes to the long-eared fellow, as he stumbles over her name and gives his own. Baylen of the burros. Oh, okay! So he is a burro, then. Cool! Her smile is just as kind as she addresses him next. "I've never met a burro before. I love your ears, they're cute and fuzzy." She blushes and ducks her face a bit, hoping he won't take any offense. "It's nice to meet you both, can call me Smidgy, or Smidge, if you want."

Then she looks between both of them again as she realizes neither of them seem to be from here. But Baylen at least seems to know what they call this particular stretch of land. Although, admittedly it's pretty straightforward. She gives a soft giggle and then speaks up. "Yep, this is the Field. People come here to meet others and sometimes find homes in the lands surrounding us. This whole place is called Beqanna, and it's a really great place to be. I live in the land called the Taiga. It's a big redwood forest with creeks and hills, not too far from here. The other side of the Forest you can see over that way." She gestures with her small fuzzy face to the northwest, and the treeline looming there. "You guys should come see it sometime! Y'know, maybe after we find, um.. What's her name, anyway? Anything about her that sets her apart?" She is genuine in her invitation, and in her concern and curiosity. She hadn't been super successful at finding others in this big wide world. But maybe she could help this time.

Messages In This Thread
    Into the Unknown [O P E N] - by Baylen - 05-04-2017, 11:40 AM
    RE: Into the Unknown [O P E N] - by Seirath - 05-04-2017, 01:05 PM
    RE: Into the Unknown [O P E N] - by Baylen - 05-04-2017, 02:54 PM
    RE: Into the Unknown [O P E N] - by Smidgen - 05-04-2017, 03:22 PM
    RE: Into the Unknown [O P E N] - by Seirath - 05-04-2017, 07:49 PM
    RE: Into the Unknown [O P E N] - by Baylen - 05-04-2017, 08:17 PM
    RE: Into the Unknown [O P E N] - by Smidgen - 05-04-2017, 10:37 PM
    RE: Into the Unknown [O P E N] - by Seirath - 05-05-2017, 11:21 AM
    RE: Into the Unknown [O P E N] - by Baylen - 05-05-2017, 11:54 AM
    RE: Into the Unknown [O P E N] - by Smidgen - 05-06-2017, 06:49 PM
    RE: Into the Unknown [O P E N] - by Baylen - 05-06-2017, 07:51 PM