• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

a constellation of tears on your lashes; texarkana
    and sometimes i don't know which way to go;
    and i've tried to run before, but i'm not running anymore

The frigidity of the air has little impact on her - though her skin may be thin and her bones frail, there is a warmth that envelopes her as the rough, rugged whiskey-rich of his dry voice slices through the atmosphere. It touches her cheek, traveling down the length of her spine and spreading across her jagged hipbones and down around the swell of her belly - a comfort she had not known in so very many years, and it too evokes unshed tears to the milky white of her eyes. Though she cannot see him, she can feel him before he has even drawn near to her, the gentle vibration of his voice a crooning siren's call to her weary, aching heart. 

Her whiskered lips press against the corner of his mouth, feeling him, tasting him - traveling along the bony ridge of his forehead, lipping softly at the forelock that lay haggardly over his eyes. She longed to look into them again, to see beneath the fortified wall that he had so carefully drawn around himself, to see the endless sea of yearning in his own gaze - but she can do without, for the tremble and sorrow in the shakiness of his words is more than enough to tell her of his own heartbreak.

Her breath is warm and sweet against the hollow of his chest, where her lips rest for a long moment, tasting the sweat that has gathered along the tired bones beneath her greedy, ravenous mouth. Though she cannot see him, she can taste him, feel him, sense him and it is enough yet never enough, all in the same bittersweet breath. Unshed tears are soon unleashed, traveling down along the curve of her cheekbone and trickling off of her rounded jawline, staining her dark russet skin as her heartstrings become unraveled from the tangled mess he had left them in so long ago.

"It's me," she breathes, a ragged sob bubbling inside of her chest, threatening to burst free from its wiry grasp at any moment. "it's me, Devi." She can taste the salty brine of his tears, reminding her of the rise and fall of the roaring sea, reminding her of a simpler time and a simpler place, when nothing but his fervid kisses and soft caresses mattered. "I've missed you so," she murmurs, entangling her long, elegant neck with his, enveloping him close to her raggedly beating heart.

Texarkana
    because i've fought it hard enough to know.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a constellation of tears on your lashes; texarkana - by Texarkana - 05-02-2017, 09:58 PM
    RE: a constellation of tears on your lashes; texarkana - by Texarkana - 05-02-2017, 10:58 PM