• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

allure, any
    kharon
    She'd tensed at his touch and relaxed at his distance, and he grimaced inwardly. She was uncomfortable with him. Maybe he was not as beautiful as he thought he was. Was he really grotesque? But no, of course he was attractive. He looked just like Father, only not as shiny, and Father was extravagant. Maybe there was something wrong with her, instead. Ah yes, that was it. She wasn't used to such familiar affection as his family shared with each other. That was okay, then.

And then Kylin was there, filling his side with her reassuring presence. There, see? He wasn't that terrible-looking or Kylin wouldn't be so comfortable with him. Although, that would mean she was also not beautiful as they were nearly identical, and clearly that was not true. She was stunning and had a brilliant smile that could light up the darkest days. He shivered at her touch as she introduced herself, his feathers ruffling and resettling at his side before he turned back to their new companion.

"I'm Allure. Some of my family is here. I think. We all look a little..."

Her voice faded to the background as his mind focused on a new, nearby presence, his face drawing pensive as though deep in thought on one of her comments. Dark and indifferent, this new one. He'd never heard their thoughts before either, just as stranger to him as the girl Allure here. And apparently her twin, as it turned out. He was immediately wary of her brother, and didn't make any move to acknowledge that he was aware of him nearby, as the boy seemed to prefer it anyway. If he wanted to be left alone, Kharon sure wasn't going to intrude.

He refocused on Allure with another easy smile, gray eyes shining. "That's neat!" He wasn't sure what she'd said last, but it was vague enough to fill in with just about anything she could've said, he thought. "I'm Kharon," he paused and reflected on their meeting thus far. Oh. "Sorry, I already said that. Sometimes I forget." He smiled a little sheepishly and blushed. He gave Kylin a gentle nudge with his shoulder. "Kylin says I get lost in thought sometimes." It was more often like what had just happened, where his mind would focus on another's thoughts, but he'd chosen to keep his ability a secret when he realized how hurtful it could be.

"Your family must not wander much to be so new to us. We practically roam all over the island now that we're bigger. We love exploring! What sort of things do you like to do? Maybe you can join us some time?"
    Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    allure, any - by Kharon - 04-24-2017, 05:19 PM
    RE: allure, any - by Kylin - 04-27-2017, 10:03 AM
    RE: allure, any - by allure - 05-04-2017, 02:04 PM
    RE: allure, any - by Grimdark - 05-04-2017, 03:37 PM
    RE: allure, any - by Kharon - 05-16-2017, 04:18 PM
    RE: allure, any - by Kylin - 05-21-2017, 08:05 AM