• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

allure, any

Wow. He'd never seen someone the color she was. He wasn't even aware that she'd probably never seen the color he was either; lavender and white was so very normal to him and his twin, and his father. But her.. she was sort of red, like that little bit Reilly had but it covered way more of her. Reilly was mostly all white. And Mother was just a soft, mousey sort of brown. He supposed this girl sort of faded a bit like mother's brown, but it was nice to look at regardless. In fact, he walked a quiet circle around her just to see it all, a pleased smile fairly glued to his young face.

A full year old now, though. Tall and slender with medium-length, wind-tousled hair. Lavender and white, naturally, same with the softly marbled wings pinned comfortably at his sides. The only one on the island with wings, that he knew of. With nobody to teach him, he'd never learned to fly. A sad sort of secret he kept to himself.

Hello, he greeted lightly, filling the space at her side without thought. His was such an affectionate family, and being so close to another was entirely normal to him. His wing lifted and settled lightly across her back so it wasn't in the way between them. There wasn't much else to do with those things. He brushed his muzzle along her neck and breathed in her scent, wild and crisp like the rest of the island. But he'd never seen her before til now, finally old enough to venture further away from his watchful guardians.

I'm Kharon. You live here too? I've never seen you before. Where's your family? Are there many of them? Do they look like you too? He blushed and took a side-step away, retracting his wing back to his side and glancing away then back again. Sorry, he said quietly, ducking his head and silently chiding himself on speaking too much and too quickly in his excitement. I just.. haven't seen anyone but my family here. What's your name?

image © brenda del rio photography
    Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    allure, any - by Kharon - 04-24-2017, 05:19 PM
    RE: allure, any - by Kylin - 04-27-2017, 10:03 AM
    RE: allure, any - by allure - 05-04-2017, 02:04 PM
    RE: allure, any - by Grimdark - 05-04-2017, 03:37 PM
    RE: allure, any - by Kharon - 05-16-2017, 04:18 PM
    RE: allure, any - by Kylin - 05-21-2017, 08:05 AM