• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will show you fear in a handful of dust -- any

She didn’t know what to do, she was young and inexperienced and afraid. She couldn’t remember the last time she was this scared; that soul crushing, gut wrenching, heart stopping fear that she rarely let touch her now clawed at her insides and threatened to tear her apart. The white mare quietly and carefully picks her way to them once more, before prodding Sakir gently with her nose. Iset throws a harsh glare her way, angry that she would dare touch her twin, but a strange lump in her throat strangles away any cruel words that would normally fly from her lips. Her tight grip on Sakir's mane brought him back to them, but only for a moment before he shivers and fades away yet again.

As she rose, she saw some sort of desperation in his eyes; a silent pleading that his voice was too tired to convey. Witnessing her normally strong, smart, take-charge brother this frail and feeble cut far deeper than she ever could have anticipated and a gasping sob escaped her mouth, her eyes welling with tears she refused to let fall.

The fierce tug she dealt to his short tail had some of the desired affect, and though he remained prone on the ground he spoke for the first time in a while, asking her to stop. Though whether the gentleness of his words came from his physical weakness or his desire to comfort her, she did not know.

Well, that isn’t exactly true.

She was hoping for the latter. And though she knew she was wrong, her hope fooled her into thinking otherwise.

That terrifying blankness and distance flooded into his eyes again-into eyes that looked identical to hers. The sheer volume of the large gulps of air that Iset is attempting to suck down to keep her calm keeps her ignorant to his approach, and the moment the new voice speaks up and calls out the name of the boy laying prone on the ground Iset whirls around. “Amet,” she whispers, not quite sure how to feel about the arrival of their eldest brother. He approaches them slowly, the tears rapidly filling up his eyes mirroring Iset and Sakir’s own. 

Everything seemed to be crashing down on her at once; the grief of seeing Sakir like this, the relief of having him here at all, the fear at what may happen, and the anger that this had to happen in the first place.

Anger…the anger was something she could hold on to. 

She steps between her brothers, baring her blunt teeth and narrowing her eyes at Amet. “Your fault,” she chokes in a voice that is deadly calm, “This is your fault. You left us; He would’ve listened to you!” she’s screaming now, all of that fear and anger and sorrow clashing together and exploding within her, “He would’ve come if you’d asked! We both would’ve! He trusted you! He wouldn’t be hurting if it weren’t for you!” Her voice breaks before she shoulders past her brother, approaching the white feathered mare.

“Please,” she whispers, attempting in vain to choke back the tears that were spilling over anew, “Please. Do something. I-I don’t know what to do, and he’s my brother and I- I-,” her bony frame becomes wracked with sobs as she fell to her twin’s side once more.

“Sakir,” she whispers, this time only for him to hear, “Sakir I need you to be okay. Who’s going to look out for me? Who’s going to keep me from killing Amet? You have to be here to keep me out of trouble. I need you. I love you,” she falls silent, unable to force more words past the tears that filled her throat. Her eyes closed and she wrapped herself tightly around the boy on the ground, holding him as best as she could.

there's an old man sitting on the throne thats saying

iset
    I should probably keep my pretty mouth shut

@[Sakir] @[Snowphish] @[Amet]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i will show you fear in a handful of dust -- any - by Iset - 05-16-2017, 12:35 PM