• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Looking for the one
    She listened to him, her ears finely tuned to his words. This was a big step for the blue roan, to listen, to be in the same vicinity as another for longer than few moments. Yet he she was, talking, listening, expressing. Her wings ruffle in the icy breeze and she realised that maybe she was getting older, not only in her body but her mind. her salt and pepper mane blows, as the cold wind tangled with flurries of snow.

"The Spirit Walker?" Nyryn asked, her tongue tasting the name, the title. She gave a light chuckle, a wispy nicker. "Believe me, Spirit Walker, nothing is weird here. You're looking at a strange specimen, after all." my words were bittersweet. these wings, a curse, a gift. The immortality in her veins that kept her going, kept her on this forsaken world, whether it be alone or with a companion. What would it be like to watch something you love die? She never had the thought occur to her, but the longer she spoke to this painted steed, the more she thought about it. He had a method in his madness, coming here. but would she leave with him? The idea seemed flawed. Her, the loner, the forgotten? the grey within the black and white: could she leave with this steed and be considerably happy?

"Beqanna welcomes the weird, the wonderful. I suppose you've found your home." Nyryn's tone is lighter -- the lightest it's been in a long time. Yet the burdens of her life carry on her shoulders. She stretches her neck forward, inhaling the musk of the steed.

"They call me the lost. They call me the wanderer, but my mother named me Nyryn. the grey, the in-between." Her black tail flicked by her hocks, silently she watched him, her ideas forming in her mind.

"Do you have a companion, a friend?"

What is it like... to have a friend... to have a companion... She thought to herself, remembering Hakeem and her mother, remembering the care, the love that the golden painted stallion had offered her deaf-mute mother. He had been a blessing for the Arabian mare, part of Nyryn wished to thank him for his kindness to her also, but she was certain he was no longer of this forsaken earth. She wondered if maybe it was time to try and make amends with the world, try and be happy.

Maybe she was staring the chance of happiness right in the face.

NYRYN;
    charon x locket
    immortal & winged
    into the endless grey
    Sincerely, 
    Nyryn

Messages In This Thread
    Looking for the one - by Aziz - 05-28-2015, 10:40 AM
    RE: Looking for the one - by Nyryn - 05-28-2015, 12:24 PM
    RE: Looking for the one - by Aziz - 05-28-2015, 12:33 PM
    RE: Looking for the one - by Nyryn - 05-28-2015, 12:45 PM
    RE: Looking for the one - by Aziz - 05-28-2015, 01:29 PM