• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

minerva, any who want to meet big sis
    Look, I wasn’t exactly a great dad when Min showed up, alright? Didn’t exactly have a clue what I was doing, or what family could look like when it was done right. So maybe I wanted to make it up to her, to show her what nobody bothered to show me when I was her age. That she mattered, that there was a place she could fit if she wanted to, that family could be something great instead of a mom who dumped you and a dad who I mean tried to do alright by you but was kind of a clueless git when it came to raising a girl. Or being a dad in general.

She has a right not to look at me like Kharon did, like I’m the sun and the moon and all the stars in the sky. Can’t blame her for the casual shrug or the suspicion in her eyes or the offness of her smile, something not quite genuine in the curve of her lips or the look in her eyes. I haven’t exactly shown her a whole lot of reasons to smile so big it lights up her whole face. So I roll with it. Maybe she’ll learn by example, right? A guy can hope he didn’t fuck things up too bad.

Anyhow, I grin and I bump her shoulder with mine, and I set off toward home, to introduce her to my shiny little island and its delightful inhabitants. “C’mon then, kiddo. I bet you’ll like Ischia.” And I hope she’ll like the people who live there, too.
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: minerva - by Minerva - 05-06-2017, 01:06 PM
    RE: minerva - by Kerberos - 05-21-2017, 10:56 AM