• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Any;
    dovev

She shuttered her radiant eyes from him as he set his lips so tenderly against her throat, turning her head away. He noted, too, the subtle quickening of her sweet breath, and in the pulse beating against his mouth. In fear? Or something else?

But the breeze caught his attention. Or rather, what it revealed hiding beneath her gilded feathers. He touched her gently here too, slowly tracing one of the scars marring her otherwise flawless skin. Her hair flicked in irritation at his intent focus, but he ignored it, moving back to her face as he asked her quietly to show him, share more with him. Show me the dark in you. And I'll show you the good in me.

Her face lowered as she did, but his eyes never left hers. Even as she shifted a wing to the side, he kept his gaze pinned firmly to her face. Stared still, even as the glaring scars smiled wickedly, noting in his peripheral vision how they traced each bone in her body and reminded him of his own sunken, bone-thin skeleton and the armor that plated him. He was there to witness her cringe, see the shame and hurt shade the glow of her face as she closed her eyes to her past.

He ached to circle her again, to trace his lips over each one and study every horror done to her. Horrors, like him. As he had done to others. As if he could right all his wrongs by trying to soothe her haunting pain. Could right all the wrongs she'd suffered. But he knew he couldn't. Knew that it would do no good, make no difference. And so, instead, he was there to catch her tear with another soft kiss to her cheek, his breath hot against her damp skin, tasting the salt of her lingering pain.

"My darkness is my own and should not be burdened to anyone else."

She sounded so defeated, just then. Hopeless. He brushed his cheek with hers, gliding to her throat again where he inhaled the intoxicating scent of her through slightly parted lips. Is that what you think, he whispered into her skin, leaving another kiss in his wake as he moved further up her neck and pressed his chest to hers. Solid and steady. That this truth could be a burden? That it's a weight you must bear alone?

The urge to kiss her more was there. He refrained. Nor did he pin her to him in an embrace, but merely stood in a silent offer as he carefully groomed at the base of her mane. He would hold her if she wished. He would kiss her, continue to bathe her in gentle affection, if she wished. But he stopped forcing them on her unbidden. He showed her the good in him, as bargained for. A hint of it, only. Even as he craved more of her.

It isn't a burden. And you are only alone in it if you choose to be.
    He was strong. She could share the weight.
    If she wished.

Do you want your freedom, Aurora, he murmured. Do you want to be free of me now.

Its alright, you'll be fine baby, I'm in control
    Take the pain, Take the pleasure. I'm the master of both

Messages In This Thread
    Any; - by Dovev - 04-07-2017, 12:22 AM
    RE: Any; - by AuroraElis - 04-07-2017, 08:03 AM
    RE: Any; - by Dovev - 04-09-2017, 02:01 AM
    RE: Any; - by AuroraElis - 04-09-2017, 11:36 AM
    RE: Any; - by Dovev - 04-17-2017, 02:46 PM
    RE: Any; - by AuroraElis - 04-18-2017, 01:32 AM
    RE: Any; - by Dovev - 04-24-2017, 09:05 AM
    RE: Any; - by AuroraElis - 04-29-2017, 09:07 PM
    RE: Any; - by Dovev - 04-30-2017, 12:09 AM