• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am a stranger to you; spear
    C R O T A

It would be wrong to say that she didn't appreciate Spear's staying in the hills with her despite it's constant emptiness. She didn't know what she would do without him here and she was truly grateful that he had stayed since the first moment of their making the hills their home. Caw was another that she was grateful for. Though she hid in the shadows often, Crota constantly caught the other mare's scent drifting through the hills and their strong cut edges. Though like Spear, Crota spent many days coming across her own hoofprints in the soft dirt that covers the hills and she wonders when, if ever, it will be full of other faces other than her own and the two that she had been so lucky to have join her. It's not that she doesn't like spending her time in the hills with Spear and Caw. She simply wants the hills to be known as a positive home for many more where they two can enjoy what they are and have been able to.

It is for this reason that Crota is constantly gone, traveling back and forth from the field and the meadow before finally returning home. She works hard, hoping that her efforts will one day pay off so that she can sit back and enjoy what came to be. With a quiet grace she watches Spear, her bright blue eyes searching his face, resting momentarily on the red eye that was so interesting to her. For she had never known until she met the other that eyes were capable of being any other color than brown or blue and the way the sun bounces off the brilliant color of his eye makes it seem even more beautiful.

It's when he smiles though, the action stretching his velvet lips upwards, that makes her eye travel to them and for a moment she is taken aback by his kindness. She isn't used to this. She had been alone for far to long and for a moment she is unable to say anything, her smile growing slightly. "I am sorry I haven't been here to keep you company, Spear," her words are kind and her apology genuine. She doesn't like leaving him and Caw here alone among the hills. "I am hoping that one day my efforts will pay off and I won't have to leave so often," with a soft sigh she looks off towards the hills, her smile faltering slightly as worry threatens to overtake her features. "I want our home to be a great one, you know? I don't want the mists to overtake us once more."

She then looks back to Spear, her eyes searching his. She doesn't want to admit her worries, but she tries. She feels as though he is capable of being a sort of confidant; though deep down she already considers him a friend. Somehow his joining her on day one had instantly made him such to her, as unusual as that may sound. It's his voice breaking through the air as he talks about the hills that draws her attention, her ears pricking forward in a show of happiness. "I am so glad you like this place, Spear. I like the hills very much as well." Her smile suddenly grows, the worry dissipating from her features as their conversation switches to their home. Though what draws her further into their conversation is his mention of somewhere else. For a moment she hesitates, not sure if this is something she should ask about. Though after a second she mentally shrugs away the hesitation, her voice slipping into the temporary silence. "Can you tell me about the place that it reminds you of? Was it just as beautiful as the hills?"

@[Kristin] It got weird at the end because I got distracted :| MY BAD. <3

Messages In This Thread
    I am a stranger to you; spear - by crota - 04-06-2017, 11:18 PM
    RE: I am a stranger to you; spear - by crota - 04-11-2017, 08:16 PM