• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Burn baby burn - Ruan
    She wasn't going anywhere, she promised, and it eased a surprising amount of tension in him. There were a number of his children he no longer saw anymore, assumed they'd gone with their mother, and he really wasn't sure he was prepared to lose Jinju too.

She promised him more then; that she'd let him know how her mother was when she saw her again. That was comforting too, but also worried a know further into his chest. He wished he didn't care to know how she was, wished he could go on and not even think of her ever again. Wished he could just forget it all and spare him this endless heartache, a gaping hole in his chest that nothing seemed to fill and patch back up again.

"Should I look for her?" she asked.

He gave her a sad, drawn smile and brushed his nose with hers a moment. "If you want to. When you're ready. She wouldn't hold it against you if you needed time before you try. You know how much she loves you." And if it bothered her enough, she'd come see you herself, he didn't add. What could possibly keep a mother from her child if its what she wanted most? Especially if that mother were as all-powerful as Jinju's. But he wouldn't put that weight on her.

Reagan would either allow herself to be found, or find Jinju herself. If it was what she wanted.

Meanwhile, his girl was here and he was in need of her strength and her care. He shifted and lined himself at her side, enjoying the way the frost and cold melted away from his coat at the heat of her body. He sighed, content in this moment, and settled his cheek against her neck. "I love you, Jinju. I'm sorry I'm not always that great at showing it. I'll keep trying to be better for you."

Messages In This Thread
    Burn baby burn - Ruan - by Jinju - 04-02-2017, 04:17 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Ruan - by Ruan - 04-09-2017, 12:42 AM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Ruan - by Jinju - 04-14-2017, 01:59 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Ruan - by Ruan - 04-15-2017, 02:35 AM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Ruan - by Jinju - 04-15-2017, 09:37 AM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Ruan - by Ruan - 04-15-2017, 02:23 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Ruan - by Jinju - 04-17-2017, 05:41 AM