• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

He tells her "ooh love" - Kharon
    Right, well clearly okay was a bit of a stretch, at least when it comes to Kharon. But he’s breathing, little chest heaving and everything, and that’s the real danger with the water, right? Not being able to breathe? Fuck. I think so. Water’s never been dangerous for me, and it never occurred to me to wonder if it would be for them either. He’s breathing, and when I cuddle up and press my ear against his chest - gently, of course, just enough to listen - I can hear his little heart beating away in there.

So I sigh with relief, tucking Kylin up against my chest and crooning soft words of comfort to her. “Shh, baby, he’s gonna be okay. He’s safe now, and see? He’s breathing, look at his chest. I bet he’s just really tired, and needs to catch his breath for a little bit.” I fucking hope. Don’t panic, don’t panic, he’s okay, he’s gotta be. He’s safe, and it’s gonna be alright.

I pet Kylin’s hair, and nudge her gently toward her twin. “C’mon, love, let’s snuggle up to him and try to help him out, right? He’s all wet and worn out, and we can help him stay cozy and warm ‘til he’s feeling a little better, yeah?” She was already moving that way, so it doesn’t exactly take much. I settle in on his other side, warming myself up a little as I curl up around him. I may not be the comfiest thing in the world, but I can be nice and warm for him at least.

And while we wait, I look the two of them over, wondering. She kissed him, when she was still panicking. On the lips. Oh, on the cheek too, and that by itself is no big deal. Doesn’t necessarily mean anything. They’re close, they’re affectionate, could be nothing. But I’ll keep an eye on them, and if I see any reason to, we might be having a little talk in the future. They’re mine, and that means their grandfather’s blood runs in their veins too. Best to pay attention. For now though, I just smile a soft, reassuring smile and press a kiss to Kylin’s forehead. “It’s gonna be okay, sweetheart. He’s gonna be okay.”
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    He tells her "ooh love" - Kharon - by Kylin - 03-31-2017, 04:53 PM
    RE: He tells her "ooh love" - Kharon - by Kharon - 04-16-2017, 01:53 AM
    RE: He tells her "ooh love" - Kharon - by Kharon - 04-23-2017, 12:21 AM
    RE: He tells her "ooh love" - Kharon - by Kharon - 05-17-2017, 02:37 PM
    RE: He tells her "ooh love" - Kharon - by Kerberos - 05-21-2017, 11:38 AM