• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

but you're a king and I'm a lionheart; EVERYONE
    magnus

howling ghosts, they reappear
    in mountains that are stacked with fear

It had been a while since they had gathered—since he had asked for them to draw together in the belly of Tephra. They were not a traditional kingdom, not like the ones of old, and he didn’t ask for them behave as if they were. Many of the souls who called Tephra were residents and no more. They did not seek power and they did not seek to join an official caste. They simply wanted to have a place that was safe and he was happy to give that to them—happy to provide them with a sanctuary of their own making.

But, that didn’t mean he would never reach out to them.

And he did so now.

Standing in the middle of Tephra, he looked around, watching as the sun crested over the edge of the volcano, the sky a brilliant blue. Soon, the mares would be giving birth, and the land would be crawling with new life, the bays of the foals calling out, mewling for their mothers. Spring was always his favorite season. He loved the fresh life the crawled over the rocks, the green vegetation blooming. It was less of an obvious change in Tephra, but he could still feel the air warming, and his mood lightened alongside it.

Taking a deep breath, he lifted his golden head and called out for the rest of the land.

When they arrived, his eyes were warm, his smile genuine as he nodded at them each in turn. “Thank you,” he finally said when enough had arrived. “I know everyone is busy, and I appreciate you all taking the time to come today.” A grin. “I just wanted a chance to bring everyone together so that we could have a chance to discuss concerns, or suggestions.” A pause he hunted for a few faces in the crowd. “I also wanted to formally introduce our Council members. Ellyse, our Head of War. Lucrezia, our Head of Peace. Dahmer, the third to be made a member of our Council.” All three of them had become invaluable members of Tephra over the years, and he knew just how lucky he was to have them alongside him.

“That being said, is there anyone who would like to join our castes? Partake in trainings? This land is here to serve all of you, so if there is something that you would like, now is the time to ask for it.”

but you're a king and I'm a lionheart

just a quick meeting! if you haven't already, please reply to the activity check.

i will be updating the board by next week! <3
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    but you're a king and I'm a lionheart; EVERYONE - by magnus - 03-19-2017, 07:30 PM
    RE: but you're a king and I'm a lionheart; EVERYONE - by Ellyse - 03-19-2017, 08:05 PM
    RE: but you're a king and I'm a lionheart; EVERYONE - by Ellyse - 04-01-2017, 01:12 AM
    RE: but you're a king and I'm a lionheart; EVERYONE - by Dahmer - 04-03-2017, 05:05 PM