• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it's got the best of me; zor (M? idek, Diz is in it, so...)
    “Yeah, Zor, I’m pregnant.” Dizzy’s own words still echoed in her ears like the clang of a prison cell slamming shut, bars closing in on her as Zor’s eyes widened and his breath fled his lungs. Frozen. Fuck. She stilled, waiting for him to panic the way she had, waiting for him to run, to turn his back on what wasn’t his problem, might well not even be his kid, because god knew they weren’t built to be good at this parent thing, not with where they’d come from.

Who they’d come from.

She couldn’t cut and run; it was her body the kid had taken over, her whole fucking life it had seized in tiny hands and caught up in a stranglehold. Changing everything, changing who she was. Crashing through her like a wrecking ball, shattering everything she thought she knew about herself. But Zor?

He could leave. She wouldn’t hold it against him, wouldn’t begrudge him the chance to escape becoming their parents, especially when there was no telling if he was even the father. Closing her eyes, Diz drew in a shaky breath, steeling herself to let him go, to tell him it was okay. That she understood. That she could do this alone. No big deal, right?

“Dizzy.” She breathed out slowly, steadily, calming the racing of her heart, and opened her eyes to look at him. Bracing herself for goodbye. But he pulled her against him, wrapping himself around her and holding her close, touching her all over again. Trembling with relief and the echoes of panic that she’d been fighting since...god, since the moment she’d started to suspect she was pregnant, she leaned into Zor’s touch, letting him take care of her.

She should have known he wouldn’t leave her. Not her Zor. Shaky, she pulled him close, wrapped herself around him and held on tight to the one person who had been there for her his whole life. Who didn’t have it in him to abandon her. “We won’t be like them.” Fuck. So much for getting herself under control. She hated the tears that welled up in her eyes and trailed down her cheeks, rubbed them away against his shoulder. Fighting to draw a steady breath, she nodded and just held onto him.

“We won’t,” she whispered when she could finally find the words, few though they were. This kid wouldn’t just be some pawn to use in its father’s schemes, or a piece of him its mother could claim the way its father wouldn’t let her. She may not have wanted it, but it was too late to do anything about that, and she damn well wasn’t going to repeat her parents’ mistakes. They wouldn’t repeat their parents’ mistakes.

Exhausted, Dizzy leaned against her Zor, pressing her lips to his shoulder and sighing heavily against his skin. “We won’t.”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Zoryn - 03-16-2017, 01:56 PM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Disastardly - 03-16-2017, 11:55 PM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Zoryn - 03-20-2017, 11:26 AM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Disastardly - 03-21-2017, 07:08 PM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Zoryn - 03-30-2017, 01:10 PM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Disastardly - 03-30-2017, 07:59 PM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Zoryn - 04-03-2017, 10:35 AM