• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it's got the best of me; zor (M? idek, Diz is in it, so...)
    She dreamed of him. Of course she did, after hours spent lost in his touch, in his scent, in the ecstatic heights he’d coaxed her body into. But it wasn’t Dov’s voice that purred her name and called her out of her nap, nor his lips trailing their way so slowly along her skin. “Zor?” she murmured sleepily, stirring as he traced the curve of her belly, just beginning to expand with the child that grew inside her. His, maybe. Or Dov’s. Hell if she knew.

“I see you’ve been busy.”

Diz snorted, and smothered a yawn as Zor nibbled his way up her neck. Maybe if she’d been a little more awake, she’d have read more into it, heard a whisper of jealousy in those five little words. As it was, she just muttered, “I think you mean smell.”

They hadn’t left a mark on each other this time, not so much as a scratch. It shouldn’t have done anything for her, shouldn’t have felt so goddamn good, not the gentle way he’d worshipped her body with his lips, his tongue, his teeth. Not the way he’d taken her so slowly, so tenderly, looking into her eyes, into her soul. Diz wasn’t the bullshit feelings type, or at least she’d always told herself. Somehow evidence to the contrary didn’t exactly make her cheerful.

Dizzy angled her head as Zor lipped at her hair, giving him better access to the line of her throat. Soft, gentle touches. She groaned and leaned into him, relaxing under his quiet ministrations. God, it felt good, letting him take care of her. A little grooming was just what she needed. He made his way back down her body to linger at the curve of her belly, barely changed just yet though no doubt in a few months it would be a very different matter.. And the look in his eyes, the quiet question there, had her letting out a soft little sigh.

She hadn’t wanted to admit it. Not to him, not to Dov. Saying the words out loud made it real, and she’d never wanted this. Never wanted to be a mom, sure as fuck never wanted to be anything like their mom was. Still, it was done, and barring some kind of fatal birth defect or magical intervention, the gentle curve of her belly was going to get a hell of a lot less gentle, and come spring she’d be popping out a kid.

Maybe Zor’s. Maybe Dov’s. Either way, he had a right to know. And a right to walk away if he didn’t want anything to do with it.

“Yeah, Zor. I’m pregnant.”

And suddenly it was real. Fuck. Fuck, she was pregnant. She was going to be a mom. All the more reason not to do something fucking stupid like getting caught up in bullshit emotions. It was the hormones. That was why she was so fucking mushy, and why she’d thought...well, it didn’t fucking matter what she’d thought. She didn’t do love. Not like that. So. Clearly she was just pregnant and it was making her crazy.

That was all.
    Yeah.
    Sure.
    Good.
    Maybe if she told herself enough it would even be true.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Zoryn - 03-16-2017, 01:56 PM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Disastardly - 03-16-2017, 11:55 PM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Zoryn - 03-20-2017, 11:26 AM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Disastardly - 03-21-2017, 07:08 PM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Zoryn - 03-30-2017, 01:10 PM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Disastardly - 03-30-2017, 07:59 PM
    RE: it's got the best of me; zor - by Zoryn - 04-03-2017, 10:35 AM