• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I love the way that your heart breaks; any
    I love the way that your heart breaks with every injustice and deadly fate

His steps are slow and deliberate as he traverses his way back to Pangea. He breathes deeply of the scent of dust and decay. The scent of home.

He has never been one to settle, never been one to linger in any place too long. He had called he Cove home, but it had been merely a safe place to rest his head. But this, Pangea, he would gladly call home. It might be a wasteland, but it is the creation of his god. The god had made him too, so it is only fitting that he belong in the land He had created.

But still he had left. Shame is not an emotion he has ever felt before, and so he had not recogized it. Nevertheless, it is what had driven him away. He had lost the beautiful gift his god had given him. Nay, it had been stolen from him. Still, he could not be in His presence less than whole.

He had heard rumors though. Rumors that Carnage had gone back to his lair, away from this monstrosity he had created. He had come to see if they were true. And indeed, it seems they are.

His black, mangled form stands easily along one bank of the sluggish river that trickles through the center of Pangea. His eyes, the only part of him not ravaged by a long ago fire, are dull and gray, examining the landscape before him with a deadened expression. For a moment, he attempts to call on the fire that had been his since youth, but still, it will not come.

Instead, he sighs, a small piece of the heart that should not exist within him content to be home once more, even if he still is not whole.

Raelynx

Messages In This Thread
    I love the way that your heart breaks; any - by Raelynx - 03-07-2017, 02:26 PM