• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

break some bread for all my sins | magnus
    magnus

howling ghosts, they reappear
    in mountains that are stacked with fear

His laughter is rich, and he angles his head toward the other stallion with a glint in his eye. “Now that you mention it, maybe I don’t want to trust you with that…” He purses his mouth a little, considering the black stallion in front of him. “After all, I hear you’re earning quite a reputation with the ladies.” More hearsay than anything else, although he had seen firsthand the chemistry between Karaugh and him when they had visited Sylva. It left him arching his brow at the other before shaking his head, laughing again.

“You are a fine stallion and will do a fine job for Tephra,” he said, the vocal equivalent of slapping a man on the shoulders. “I know you will do it justice.” He had known it from the second that Dahmer had stepped across the border that he would eventually rise to fill that position; he had known it from the moment the other stallion had looked him in the eye and told him how he wanted to serve the land. It had only been a matter of watching the man prove it, finding out if his feet truly followed his words.

They had, and Magnus had never felt better about a decision.

For a moment, the pair of them fell into a companionable silence, the quiet comfortable as they took in the rest of the land flourishing around them. When he did break it, Magnus gave a quirk of a smile, one edge of his scarred mouth lifting into a crooked grin. “So, how have things been for you since you have come here, Dahmer?” He shifted his gaze one more to find the black stallion. “Finding good company?”

He was not oblivious to the stallion’s many friends throughout Tephra, and while he did not care about prying into Dahmer’s personal life, he did care a great deal about the mares he surrounded himself with. He had helped to raise Leliana, Lucrezia was one of his closest friends and advisors, and Jord was an old friend whom he worried about. At the very least, he wanted to make sure Dahmer’s intentions were pure.

but you're a king and I'm a lionheart

so, unexpected, but magnus just turned into protective dad. :| sorry about that.
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    break some bread for all my sins | magnus - by Dahmer - 03-06-2017, 09:56 PM
    RE: break some bread for all my sins | magnus - by Dahmer - 03-12-2017, 07:48 PM
    RE: break some bread for all my sins | magnus - by magnus - 03-13-2017, 12:34 AM