• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my dear sweet nothing, let's start anew; ashley

I waited for something and something died
    so I waited for nothing and nothing arrived

Her eyes widen slightly at the sight of his wings disappearing but she says nothing. After all, she is used to the sight of wings changing on a whim; it is not so surprising to think that he perhaps has some shred of magic in him, too. Although, she, of course, has no real of knowing just how much he commands.

She remains still as he steps toward her and then mimics his motion, her head tilting back so that she can stare at the night sky, her slender throat arched. It is hard, to be quiet in the darkness like this; it is hard to be still, to be silent. In these moments, all of the memories come rushing in, unbidden—the waves of them so powerful that she is surprised she does not drown in them, that she does not simply disappear.

But, tonight, the thoughts do not last long.

Because before long, the night is dancing before her very eyes, the colors of it waving before her. She inhales sharply, face painfully vulnerable with her delight, her wonder. It is too beautiful. More beautiful than anything she has ever seen, and her wings respond in kind; the colors of the night sky play out across their feathers, dipping in and out, cobalt and indigo. Finally, a tear falls down her cheek as she brings her head back down, finding his gaze. “That was beautiful,” she whispers. “Did you do that for me?”

At the mention of Magnus, she laughs, shaking her head. “Magnus is observant but he is not all-seeing. I have found my ways of sneaking out when he is not looking.” Not that the golden stallion traps her, but she knows how he worries when he sees her take to the skies—the questions that simmer in the back of his eyes ever since that fateful day. “I just needed to get away,” she confesses, her voice slightly broken on the edges. Finally she glances up, studying his face. “Do you think love can conquer all, Ashley?”

it's our dearest ally, it's our closest friend
    it's our darkest blackout, it's our final end

[Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Messages In This Thread
    RE: my dear sweet nothing, let's start anew; ashley - by leliana - 03-10-2017, 12:50 AM