• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my dear sweet nothing, let's start anew; ashley

He was surprised by how open she seemed. Her open face and unfettered sincerity stung him like an angry wasp, and perhaps reminded him that there were still genuinely good creatures who inhabited this land. She seemed so unassuming, so pure.

And yet, so battered.

His features softened when she told him her name, and he found he could not help it. Crawling around inside this pretty young mare’s head, she sees the images of shadows belonging to a very familiar young pup who should have gone to see him in Ischia a moon ago. Ashley snorts, but tries to keep it under wraps. Subtlety and all that. He is brought back to the present when she asks him where he is from, and he relaxes his wings, taking into account who stood in front of him. Leliana. Pretty name.

“Good evening, Leliana,” he says, testing the name out on his tongue, searching her face to see what she has seen in the bone-plated pup of his. It was certainly easy to see what caught Dovev’s attention. “My name is Ashley. I am from Ischia, but upon hearing my name, I gather that you probably already knew that.”

He stretches out his body and reaches back to ruffle the pelt at his rump. Turning back to face her once again, he stares at her intently, dropping the conversation.

He realizes that the ball is in her court if she should choose to continue to converse with him.
    ashley
    I walked the path, it led me to the end.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: my dear sweet nothing, let's start anew; ashley - by Ashley - 02-26-2017, 11:12 PM