• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  like an unsung melody; fox
    You need never feel broken again.
    “Okay, little moonbeam, go have fun. And if any of the other kids are mean to you, let me know and I’ll yell at them ‘til they cry for their mommies, you got it?” Momma pulls me close and snuggles me real tight for a minute, tight enough that it’s almost hard to breathe. She’s not so good at letting go, my momma, but that’s okay, ‘cause she loves me lots and lots. I’ve got a couple of big sisters somewhere that I still haven’t met, and I think maybe that’s part of why she holds on so tight sometimes, tucking me up against her side and letting the light play for me and smiling down at me with this sad, wistful look in her eyes that goes away as soon as she notices I’m watching. Poor Momma. Maybe I’ll meet them someday, anyhow. For now, well, Momma’s pretty great and it’s not so bad to be squeezed tight and wrapped up in love.

“Okay, Momma!” I grin up at her when she finally does let go, and I kiss her on the cheek before I trot off, my big blue eyes a little extra big as I look around at the playground for the very first time. There’s so many spots to explore, a million billion trillion fun things to do, and I don’t have even a little bit of an idea where to start. But probably finding somebody to explore with is a good idea, right? Just as I’m thinking it, a pretty yellow butterfly flutters past my face, and I light right up and my tail starts to waggle, and my whole body starts to wiggle, and I grin. “Oh hi there, new friend!” I stretch out a little, trying to get closer, trying to maybe catch the butterfly on my nose because I bet its wings are tickly and fun. It’s a little dizzy trying to look at it when it’s almost on my nose, but that’s okay, because how’m I gonna catch it on my nose if I’m not looking?

I just about manage it, too, but riiiight before my nose touches it, the tricksy little flutterby fans out its pretty wings and catches the breeze, and it butter-flutters away. “Hey no wait though! Come back, new friend, I wanted to play! Ohhh is this the game?” Of course, we must be playing tag! Or at least catch me, or come get me, or maybe follow the leader! Ooooh all of those sound like fun! With a happy little grin, I bounce after the butterfly, trying to mimic its floaty wobbly bouncy gait as it meanders through the trees. ‘Cept I maybe forget to watch where my feet are going, and suddenly I’m tripping-rolling-tumbling into something far more solid than a fluttery little butterfly. “Oof! 'Scuse me, sorry, I got 'stracted by my new butterfly friend and sorta...lost track of my feet. Hi, I'm Rora!”
    Sometimes darkness can show you the light.

pic by Qinni

@[Fox]

Messages In This Thread
    like an unsung melody; fox - by Rora - 02-11-2017, 08:23 PM
    RE: like an unsung melody; fox - by Fox - 02-12-2017, 03:04 PM
    RE: like an unsung melody; fox - by Rora - 02-23-2017, 11:06 PM
    RE: like an unsung melody; fox - by Fox - 03-09-2017, 10:37 PM