• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you need never feel broken again; daddy
    You need never feel broken again.
    I love the way Daddy’s whole face lights up when he sees me, kinda like Momma’s happy glowing but all him, just all the love in his big, squishy heart shining out through his eyes and his smile. Snuggling with my daddy is one of my favorite things, and I nestle up against him, settling in to listen while he talks. Even if it is words that are not so fun, about how maybe I shouldn’t be sneaking.

“Yes but see I made a friend, ‘member? And that’s important. A girl needs friends, Daddy. And sometimes she’s gotta go looking to find ‘em. Just you and Momma and Uncle Kade is nice and all but I need somebody my age, for secrets and frolicking and playtime.”

Secrets like the one about my big scary adventure with Time, ones I haven’t told anybody at all. Ones that maybe would feel less big and scary if I shared ‘em with a friend who wouldn’t be mad that I got sorta borrowed without their okay, or that I’d talked to a whole lot of strangers, or that bit with the big scary wingy thing, or the sad--look, it was the kind of adventure moms and dads would probably not be happy about, and it would be fun to have a friend to whisper it to someplace only we knew.

“Well I’m glad you have had a very nice day. And guess what! I’m right in the middle with a visit to one of my most favoritest people too. My daddy!” I snuggle closer, rubbing my face on his shoulder in a happy little hug. “I love you so so much, Daddy. With my whole heart.”
    Sometimes darkness can show you the light.

pic by Qinni

Messages In This Thread
    you need never feel broken again; daddy - by Rora - 02-11-2017, 07:44 PM
    RE: you need never feel broken again; daddy - by Rora - 03-03-2017, 12:00 PM