• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I had a dream that we were dead; Jinju

I had a dream that we were dead
    and we pretended that we still lived

Perhaps it is fortunate that he is alone. Loneliness hurts, but it is a dull ache compared to that of rejection. He would hundred times rather suffer the pangs of loneliness over the stabbing of unacceptance.

But time makes all memories dim, even painful ones. To the point where loneliness is indeed more painful than anything he had experienced before, even if it normally cannot compare. It would be his eternal downfall, apparently. A vicious cycle, unless someone, someday, could see past the monstrosity of his skin to the heart of the healer beneath.

Fortunately that all seems to be behind him for the moment. Perhaps not forever, but for the time being, he can forget.

And perhaps this young woman is just what he needs to do so. The day might come where she would reject him too, but it does not bear consideration. Not today.

If he could have blushed, his cheeks would be bright red. No one has ever called him beautiful before, not even his mother. He never had been beautiful before. Shaking his head, he allows the shimmering strands of his forelock to cover the sheepishness of his eyes.

Shaking his head again, he hurries to say, ”It's ok. You didn't, not really.” He cuts himself off before he starts babbling, because lord knows he would.

”It's nice to meet you too, Jinju.” He offers the words with a smile, this one warm and true, no chagrin or sheepishness in evidence. Before he can continue, she is stepping nearer, her question confusing him for a moment. He has no clue what she is asking permission for until the flames begin to dance around his limbs, causing the gold to glimmer in the light.

”Oh” is all he says, glancing down in surprise at the rather unexpected act. But then a smile blooms, and his golden gaze shifts to find here's. ”That's a neat trick.”

Had he his light, he would light up the world to show her what she wished. Unfortunately, his blessings had been stripped right along with his curse.

Jinn

undead son of Tiphon and Elysteria

Messages In This Thread
    I had a dream that we were dead; Jinju - by Jinn - 02-08-2017, 03:21 PM
    RE: I had a dream that we were dead; Jinju - by Jinn - 02-24-2017, 11:46 AM