• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Lynx, any
    My heart saw the things that my eyes couldn't see

He has never before meet anyone who could read thoughts, so the idea is both foreign and intriguing. And, as one might have already noted, quite exciting. That he had put two and two together so quickly is in one sense surprising, considering just how oblivious he very often is.

But then, he is not dumb, despite appearances. In fact, it is often the case that those of a scholarly nature are frequently absent-minded. Certainly it is true for his father, so it should come as no surprise that Fox is of a similar mind.

Even if he is significantly more exuberant.

Given that truth, the scowl that deepens the lines about her lips serves only to broaden the grin upon his. He is affecting her, he knows it. And he so lives for just these things.

She's right, she is rather unforgettable. With her dual-toned gaze and fearsome demeanor, there are few who could forget her. And Fox, despite everything, has a very good memory for those he has met. He likes other horses after all, taking quite a bit if interest in their lives and what makes them unique. So he might forget many things, but faces are not one of them.

”Really?” His voice turns thoughtful, and just a bit mischievous. ”Oh, well… hmmm.” One equine brow kicks up, almost a dare. ”Let's play a game then, shall we? You tell me what, precisely, I'm thinking.”

It's a simple game really. One he is certain he will find vastly entertaining. Indeed, he has a hard time containing the twitches if amusement that threaten to tug at his lips as the refrain of 'Grump, grump, grump, grump’ traipses through his mind.

Fox

Messages In This Thread
    RE: My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Lynx, any - by Fox - 02-06-2017, 01:02 PM