• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

like going on a wild hunt; zoryn

I know what it is but I'm hoping that all is well
    no harvest of green but it's still my heart to sell

Days did not last for long. 

Or maybe they lasted too long.

It was hard to tell anymore. 

The days all blended together, one bleeding into the next. She slept, but it was thin and fitful, his image haunting her most every night. She woke with the appendages wrapping around her, the leather and ivory a sharp, painful reminder that she quickly shifted, moving them back to the softer, more familiar down. It was enough to ease the ache in her heart, but not enough to stop her dreading sleep, the mahogany and crimson mare walking further and farther each night, hoping someone that she could avoid it entirely. 

Tonight was no different, although her path took her outside of Tephra and to the meadow. The reminders here were no less painful than those in the forest, but they were at least kinder. The memory of her sleeping with him wrapped around him. The bittersweet memory of finding him that day. It was all that she had to sate her hunger, all that she had to ease the bruises that blossomed, the wounds that weeped. 

Still, not enough to ease the fidgets beneath her flesh. The ripples as she shivered. 

When she saw him, her wings shifted unknowingly, taking on the form they had the last time she saw him. They turned copper by her side, the silver light of the moon reflecting off of them. The edges were sharp but tucked into her sides, defensive but not threatening. She remembered the last time that she saw him; the last time when he had charged her, when Dovev had been just barely able to slam him away.

When he took Dovev away.

She remained calm at the sight of him, but her pulse hammered in her throat. Her eyes held onto his gaze, steady, but it would be impossible to miss the bruised depths, haunted edges, the pain. She swallowed for a moment and shifted, but didn’t run away, didn’t call for help. She just waited for him. She just mourned.

I put everything I had into something that didn't grow
    like going on a wild hunt, shooting arrows without a bow

[Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Messages In This Thread
    like going on a wild hunt; zoryn - by leliana - 02-01-2017, 01:13 AM
    RE: like going on a wild hunt; zoryn - by Zoryn - 02-01-2017, 03:49 AM
    RE: like going on a wild hunt; zoryn - by leliana - 02-02-2017, 01:29 AM
    RE: like going on a wild hunt; zoryn - by Zoryn - 02-06-2017, 06:45 PM
    RE: like going on a wild hunt; zoryn - by leliana - 02-06-2017, 09:39 PM
    RE: like going on a wild hunt; zoryn - by Zoryn - 02-06-2017, 11:58 PM