• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[kellyn/any] devil with a black dress on
    I wish I could feel it all for you, I wish I could do it all for you

She follows. There is no choice, not for her, but what is offered. She wants to be herself again. They don’t talk on the way from the Meadow to Pangea – what more is there to say? They are not friends (perhaps someday, but something tells Kellyn it’s unlikely), they are simply joined by a common goal. The roan girl wants her powers back, and Harmonia wants her to serve this Kingdom. In this they are thrown together.

When the reach the Kingdom, Kellyn takes a long look, and is rather ambivalent about what she sees. It’s not disgustingly green, but perhaps it’s a little drab. Still, it’s warmer than the Tundra, which has to be a perk. Of all of the reasons she had loved the Tundra over the years, the temperature was not one of them. It doesn’t matter, she tells herself, she can live with anything to be herself again.

When Harmonia speaks, she turns from the landscape to the mare and watches her closely, absorbing the words. Curious about the phrasing, she tilts her head when she says Kellyn will pledge herself to the King – not the Kingdom itself – but again, she tells herself it doesn’t matter. She has served the devil in Carnage before, this Pollock cannot be so different. “We have a deal. Two years of fealty to Pollock in exchange for my powers.” she agrees, lending the words the gravitas she is sure they are supposed to deserve, and waits hungrily.

Kellyn
    the girl who walks in time and talks to ghosts
    daughter of cagney and elite

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [kellyn/any] devil with a black dress on - by Kellyn - 02-01-2017, 09:41 PM