• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm not here to say I'm sorry; Leliana

rhonen

molten eyes and a smile made for war

The Meadow is a familiar place; Rhonen had spent a lot of time there when he was first on his own, when he was beyond lost and struggling to keep his head above the rushing waters of life. It had been the place where the copper colored boy had often dozed, and daydreamed of what his family must be doing, far away wherever they were. Where he imagined he could see through his twin’s eyes, feel what she must be feeling. But they had been the fantasies of a young man ripped from the only life he had ever known, and eventually he had pushed them away.

Now he finds the Meadow too bright, too happy, and too pure. So he bypasses it, settling instead for the darker Forest. In the Meadow, he often wonders when the nightmares will return to corrupt his dream-memories of his happy family. Here, he has no memories of them. The nightmares can have free reign.

As he crosses the border, the slow drizzle of rain turns into a veritable downpour, soaking him in seconds. Nimble on his feet despite his height, graceful despite his dark thoughts, Rhonen picks his way towards the shelter of a tree that is especially heavy-laden with leaves, and has branches high enough to offer shelter for someone of his height. But as he pushes his way through the foliage to the shelter beneath, shaking hard to shed the worst of the wet, somethings makes him think to look up. He lifts dark eyes and realizes that he isn’t alone, and that he’s probably just relocated all of the wetness onto the formerly solitary figure under the tree.

“Sorry,” he mumbles the word, somehow making it sound as if it has to be pulled from him at great force,  and starts to back away into the rain.

@[leliana]/@[Laura]
    [Image: U5duKtst_o.gif]
    Aubri & Rhonen [twins]

Messages In This Thread
    I'm not here to say I'm sorry; Leliana - by Rhonen - 01-30-2017, 11:25 PM