• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

shooting arrows without a bow; any

I know what it is but I'm hoping that all is well
    no harvest of green but it's still my heart to sell

Her heart squeezes painfully in her chest but she did her best to think around it. She did her best to breathe around it. Because what good would it do to admit that she had been wrong? Or, rather, that her instincts had been right? With each passing moment, the white and gold stallion's words infected her mind, poison her thoughts. She had been such a fool to think differently, for opening up her heart for someone who had just needed a stopgap.

Her eyes opened when she heard the beast approaching and she took a deep breath, steadying herself and tucking away the emotion deep into her chest. Her smile was faint but there, curving the red velvet of her lips. "Oh, I'm okay," she said lightly, the lie believable when whispered with her guileless eyes. "I just got a little overtired. That's all."

Leliana was never one for needing comfort. She was meant to provide it, not demand it from others. She was meant to soothe wounds, not require that her own be stitched up. So she puts on a brave face and focuses all of her attention on him, hoping to drown out the anguish that raced through her mind. Almost instinctively, her wings responded to the sight of his, melting from familiar copper to familiar leather, the metal transforming to crimson dragon wings, the talons sharp and glinting in the faint light.

"I am sorry for concerning you." Her voice was as low as fog, calm and steady, as if she hadn't been just on the verge of breaking apart, as if she did not stand on the edge of that precipice now. "My name is Leliana. It is a pleasure to meet you...?" at this, her voice trailed off as she watched him expectantly, silently thankful for the company.

I put everything I had into something that didn't grow
    like going on a wild hunt, shooting arrows without a bow

[Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Messages In This Thread
    shooting arrows without a bow; any - by leliana - 01-23-2017, 11:57 PM
    RE: shooting arrows without a bow; any - by Lior - 01-24-2017, 09:07 PM
    RE: shooting arrows without a bow; any - by leliana - 01-24-2017, 09:27 PM
    RE: shooting arrows without a bow; any - by Lior - 01-28-2017, 09:31 PM