• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; stillwater
    Stillwater
    She was so expressive, the emotions playing so openly across her young face for him to see. Curiosity glittered in her little starry eyes. Uncertainty darkened them only a sweet shade more. Concern, too, swirled and stroked their depths like fingers drifting lazily through water. Concern for him, that was, as the drip of his sadness leaked across her and dampened those beautiful eyes.

Her mouth opened, a question ready, then closed. Instead, she carefully turned her focus to his request and a soft smile parted his dark lips at her easy compliance and caring nature.

She pulled the night's darkness closer to them, wrapping it around the two of them like a shared blanket. He watched her perfect little face as it all came to light, her stars blinking into wonderful existence and glowing across the lines and gentle curves there. Reflections shined and sparkled in her bright eyes, drawing the soft chestnut into a gently glowing amber. Reluctantly, he let his stare drift slowly away from her and drank in the sight of all her magic lights. Some were sharp and distinct, bold. Others burned faintly, soft and faded. And she did it all for him, a stranger in a strange place.

Her voice sank gently into the awed silence, bringing to mind memories of a place he once considered home: a beach, a cave, open skies and endless watery horizon. The depth of her understanding intrigued him, the way she viewed the world, and he found he wanted to see more things from her eyes sometime. He knew she wasn't from Sylva though, and perhaps he would never get the chance.

"You should see it sometime," she said quietly, a sadness now echoed in her voice as well. Perhaps she missed it too. But then why had she left? He studied her closely, still and solemn. Calm. He didn't speak, not yet, and was soon rewarded with more of her gentle care. "Are you alright, Stillwater?"

An attractive smile slowly softened his features, and he delved deep into those kind eyes, sank into their warmth and pulled it all around him. He dragged in a quiet inhalation, filling his lungs with her gentle glow. His dark muzzle dipped tentatively to her, barely a tap at her shoulder as his breath rolled over her lovely blue.

I think I'm beginning to feel better, he murmured low, pulling back enough to meet her eyes again with his smooth intensity. He didn't hold it long before releasing her and once again looking to her stars hanging around them. I lived on a beach too. In a deep and dark cave with the lull of the waves and the salt of the sea. That is probably a frightening place to live for a young girl, I would think. he commented, faintly probing her acceptance for such a lifestyle.

I have a cave here now. And the water is much gentler, smoother.
    Where do you live, Luster?

And will you be staying..
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; stillwater - by Stillwater - 01-28-2017, 12:33 AM