• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the walls kept tumbling down; Djinni/Any
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    Brennen stands and half listens to Djinni. The other half is just slightly distracted – though he hears every word she says, he also hears all of the other things. The crash of the waves on the shore, the sound of the wind in the caverns and caves, the distant sound of hoof on sand and rock. He supposes he will get used to the new soundscape that differs so much from the Meadow and the Tundra, but for the moment he catches every little sound and evaluates whether it is a threat or not. His stance is loose and at first glance relaxed, but someone looking closely would see that he is actual hair-trigger ready to leap into action. A consequence of his life’s vocation, and not something likely to change anytime soon.

He nods when she speaks, the slightest frown of concentration on his face to make sure he catches all words and nuances despite his distraction. It is a relief to hear that honestly, the more things change the more things stay the same. The warrior stallion isn’t sure what the fairies were expecting of their many varied children after the Reckoning – while there were still herds scattered here and there, the vast majority of them had known nothing but Kingdoms. So left to their own devices, of course they fashioned new Kingdoms to replace the old.

Cynical Brennen guesses it won’t be long before they find some reason to stratify again – if not lights and darks, or mythics and non-mythics, they will find another excuse to disagree. No reason to grow lax and lazy in the meantime. “Perhaps the peace will last longer this time, with the fae so recently involved in our lives.” he offers at the conclusion, though something in his amber eyes says he doesn’t believe himself. “Though fighting is all I really know.” A tilt of his head here, a movement that might be akin to a shrug. He will not apologize for his calling, though sometimes he wonders what he might have been if he had not entered into the gladiator rings at the tender age of three. “And knowing that it is where I might best offer my services, who would I seek to find out more about your fighting force?”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the walls kept tumbling down; Djinni/Any - by Brennen - 01-27-2017, 10:05 PM