• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I won't let you go; Woolf
    I won't let you go; so don't leave go of me

They are still together. It seems as if they are inseparable, and if one said so to them, they would likely agree. And they are predictable – even these several years later, they move and act the same as they did as children. Their family and acquantances have different opinions about it – some have bandied about the words “weird” or “unnatural” while others prefer “cute” or “loyal”. None of it matters to them except each other, and their large extended family.

So it is as it has been many times before. They gallop side-by-side, his slightly longer stride matched by her enthusiasm, until they reach their destination. And then they slow, Dagny taking the lead while Olivier takes his customary place at her shoulder, eyes ever watchful. He is not quite complete, the golden horn missing from his head, but still they make a striking pair. She is bright chestnut, splashed with white, and then marked on top of that with blue on her body and yellow streaked through her mane, remnants of a quest that still occasionally gives her nightmares. He is solid gold champagne, with the trademark champagne shine to his coat, and just slightly taller.

They walk for a moment, catching their breath, and then a figure catches her eye. A color, like them, not necessarily found in nature but not garish in its looks like some of the others. Changing direction with her twin close behind, Dagny trots over with a bright smile on her face, calling ahead in cheerful greeting. Olivier does not protest the change, though he taps her side with his gold muzzle once, not needing words to remind her of something he has said many times (’We’re not kids anymore, Dagny. Chill out. Slow down.’) “Hello!” she tosses wild mane out of her face as they come to a halt and grins at the stallion, drawn to him and not particularly caring why. “I’m Dagny, and this is Ollie.”

Olivier feels the pull too, and flicks a hazel gaze once towards his sister, sighing as she introduces him with the nickname he doesn’t particularly love, before settling his eyes on the stranger, stepping up level with his exuberant twin. He doesn’t correct her use of his name, though, because it would only hurt her feelings, and isn’t worth that to him. “Pleasure to meet you…?”

Dagny & Olivier
    no one can ever follow; no one can ever know

@[woolf]/@[Laura]

Messages In This Thread
    I won't let you go; Woolf - by Dagny and Olivier - 01-09-2017, 09:07 PM
    RE: I won't let you go; Woolf - by woolf - 01-15-2017, 03:27 AM
    RE: I won't let you go; Woolf - by woolf - 01-22-2017, 04:55 PM
    RE: I won't let you go; Woolf - by woolf - 01-30-2017, 01:37 AM